When Martial Arts was called Montu Arts and Nubian Wrestling (Article)

OP
B

Black Belt Jedi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Er...don't really ahve time here, but I'm afraid I have to "energetically deny that African civilization was the first civilization on earth." The first civilization that we know of arose in the middle east, in Sumer-specifically, what's now Iraq, in the so called fertile crescent between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, around 4000 BC.

At least, that's the conventional story. If you want to make the case for the ancient Egyptians being Africans, and Egyptian civilization dating back 10-14 thousand years, well, I've heard it before, but you're not going to have much chance of convincing anyone else on this forum.

Here is a lecture I listened to a several months ago of the late Dr. Diop explaining the origins of humanity. I found it makes more sense instead of following religious paradigms, since religion is based on myths not historical events.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I have all of Dr.Diop's works,and they are first rate science beyond reproach. There are certainly those who differed with him--especially during the times that he wrote Precolonial Black Africa and his magnum opus,Civilization or Barbarism,which I happen to have within reach of me right now as I'm writing this post--but almost all of them have been overwhelmed by the blizzard of data which he produced and which all but the most irrational of his detractors have been forced to acknowledge in some shape or other over the last 40 years or more. Again,those who claim that Africa is NOT the site of humanity's eldest civilizations are facing titanic blizzards of empirical facts and data that are truly,truly,truly difficult to reconcile with their position.

I remember having a debate with an anthropologist some years ago who was still a devout follower of the candelabra theory,which Multiregionalism is imo essentially an extension of...and that's a theory sans real validation and justification.

Latest Discussions