What's up with Hotmail?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It seems people that have a free Hotmail account can't use the POP system anymore.
Does anyone else know anything about this?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I dunno, as I never used hotmail as a POP3 service. However, I have noticed it being incredibly slow and unreliable recently. Seems to also be affecting MSN messenger, as my connections are dropped regularly and it tends to have a significant delay in coversations. Perhaps there's something going on with Passport. *shrug*

Looks like it's time to get yahoo running solidly again. :D

I recieved a message about having a second hotmail account i didnt make a second one but i would say a lot of people chose to make a second one when they got that message and just created a lot more information to look through when one signs on. As far as POP service i dont know. I never used it.

P

PeachMonkey

I'd take a Gmail invite, Bob, if you're still feeling like giving them out.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think MSN has been trying to fix the POP3 mess for a while now. I stopped doing the Outlook thing years ago, yet they still counted me among the users who use Outlook. :idunno:

Gmail. I'm aware it's got something to do with Google. 'Splain, Lucy.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recieved a message from hotmail a few days ago notifying me that due to heavy traffic the pop3 feature had been disabled on newer accounts. However my account was old enough (ive had it for over 4 years) that I would not be affected.

I have several invites for Gmail so anyone who would like one, send me a PM with your email addres, or email me at [email protected]

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GMail is Googles answer to Hotmail. It's like a Gig of storage, web and POP accessible. Also has some pretty good spam filtering.

I have 50 invites right now, so PM me with your current email address and I'll send em out.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
GMail is Googles answer to Hotmail. It's like a Gig of storage, web and POP accessible. Also has some pretty good spam filtering.

I have 50 invites right now, so PM me with your current email address and I'll send em out.
I would like one.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks.
I hooked it up to Mozzilla Thunderbird and it works great!

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
masherdong said:
Hotmail sucks! Gmail is the way to go!

Well I have had nothing but problems with Hotmail for the last month.
Half of the time I get a message that says the server is too busy and the other half I get a message that says Hotmail no longer allows POP accounts to Outlook.
Next time I see Bill Gates I am going to tell him to pucker up and kiss my
moon.gif

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey if you want a gmail account let me know and I will send you an invite. All I need is your email. Just pm me.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
For everyone's info, Gmail organizes your conversations so that they are all together. Also I think they are pretty permanent on their server even though you delete them so watch what you say...big brother may be watching :idunno:. I got Gmail from my daughter a while ago and it works great although they were down a few days a couple of weeks ago. Each person when they sign up, gets 6 invites for their friends so it networks. TW

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
For everyone's info, Gmail organizes your conversations so that they are all together. Also I think they are pretty permanent on their server even though you delete them so watch what you say...big brother may be watching :idunno:. I got Gmail from my daughter a while ago and it works great although they were down a few days a couple of weeks ago. Each person when they sign up, gets 6 invites for their friends so it networks. TW
Actually you get 50 invites now. As I have two seperate accounts, one fore personal correspondance and one for business, I have just under 100 invites, so if there is anyone who would like an invite just shoot me a PM with your email.