whats the difference...

Mc Qoorbs

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
between ninjutsu...jeninkan and etc...ive seen like 20 different names in this ninjutsu forum...im new in the jeninkan art...im mad confused

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You could do a search, but generally, Bujinkan, Jinenkan, Genbukan, and To-shindo are the only "ninjutsu" names you should trust. They all come from Hatsumi, the Bujinkan founder, and current Soke'(head of family/grandmaster).

Takematsu, the 33rd generation grandmaster of Ninja Taijutsu, trained the founders of what are called the X-kans (bujinkan, Genbukan, jinenkan).

The other 16 names are irrelevent. Basically, its better to train under a crappy X-kan guy than a really good Dux ryu/RTMS/RBWI/etc guy.

KE

DWeidman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Takematsu, the 33rd generation grandmaster of Ninja Taijutsu, trained the founders of what are called the X-kans (bujinkan, Genbukan, jinenkan).
Takamatsu only trained one successor. The non-Bujinkan X-kans are all decendants of Hatsumi-den.

-Daniel

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I dint even look at the link. good one.

Takamatsu only trained one successor. The non-Bujinkan X-kans are all decendants of Hatsumi-den.
Oh.

I know he only trained one succesor, but dint Tanemura and them recieve training from Mongolian Tiger?

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They did meet him, yes. If I'm not mistaken it's Tanemura being choked.

taktai5.JPG

P

paradoxbox

Don't take this thread down the path it looks like it is going.

Manaka, Tanemura, Hatsumi soke are all martial artists who as far as I am concerned are the among the best martial artists on the planet. Tanemura also did train under other students of Takamatsu.

For a beginner I would say (my opinion) Jinenkan emphasizes learning the techniques properly and exactly, providing an extremely strong understanding of the technique.

Genbukan seems to emphasize learning the basic techniques as well as the feeling of the techniques.

Bujinkan can be all over the place. But usually I think the feeling and flow of a technique are focused on, more often than not.

Of course as you progress through training things start to change. You become more free of basics, freer to explore the techniques you mastered. I believe this is the case for all 3 kans (Stop me if I am wrong).

Each -kan has something to offer and it's not our place to say which is better or which is more *whatever* than the other.

Have a good day

Cory Burke

OP
Mc Qoorbs

Mc Qoorbs

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
ok thanx for the replys i get it now that online martial arts dictionary is ill

Latest Discussions