What will we do after it?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just saw the Star Wars Episode III trailer. What will we do with ourselves after it comes out?

Will there be anything to live for?

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
bignick said:

Sure. We get to all rag on it for not living up to the original three movies. ;) Hopefully Hayden Christensen has received some acting lessons since the filming of Episode II.

I'll still be in line to see it on opening day. I just can't resist.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zepp said:
Sure. We get to all rag on it for not living up to the original three movies. ;) Hopefully Hayden Christensen has received some acting lessons since the filming of Episode II.

I'll still be in line to see it on opening day. I just can't resist.
No way... if the acting is good, it just wont be a star wars movie...

Face it... even the original trillogy had lousy acting.

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
Just saw the Star Wars Episode III trailer. What will we do with ourselves after it comes out?

I actually have a funny story about that. There was a girl that I recently took out on a date, and like most dates this woman wanted to question me to the fullest extent. So after a battering of non stop questions I finally posed a question for her. "If you knew you were going to die today, and were allowed to do one thing before you died, what would it be?". Well after batting her eyes at me, she proceeded to tell me that "I want to fall in love, I've never known love." She then asked me the same question, to which I answered. "I would watch the third Star Wars, then I would be complete" with a perfectly straight face. Well her face was full of mixed emotions, then was able to let out an uncomforatable laugh.
No hard feelings were taken, and she actually still calls me from Lebenon, were she recently moved to. I hope you enjoyed this story. Have a good evening all.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rynocerous said:
"I would watch the third Star Wars, then I would be complete" with a perfectly straight face.
No doubt. That's a fine answer. If I could find a GIRL that would answer that way, my life would be complete.

That, or one willing to dress like Princess Leia for me. :)

B

bluespacething

Well...Im excited to see it. But I have no idea what I will do after it's out. I won't have to wait another two years to see another Star Wars movie so I'll just have to move onto the next series. Harry Potter. ;)

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tsk...tsk...

Harry Potter, ggrosss...

Bluespacething...I expected better of you...we are gonna have this out in class tomorrow

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bignick said:

Yeah, episodes 7, 8 and 9, which Lucas will start work on after the money he makes from this hype becomes less than can make him happy. :CTF:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey,

There are always the STAR WARS FAN FILM AWARDS to look forward to each year...

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
true, true...

some of those are absolutely hilarious

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't wait for it to come out because it marks my last month in the military!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When I saw "The Phantom Menace" I sat through the whole thing with this bored expression on my face and walked out of the theater hating it...still do.
Then "Attack Of The Clones" and that's after I swore I would not watch it. But boredom at home and a friend's offer to PAY for my ticket, I said yeah, oh-kay, fine. It was a tad better but Christensen's acting was as wooden at best. The little cutesy battle of Yoda was probably the only highlight for me, especially that little Bruce Lee "c'mon" gesture. But the film didn't go anywhere near the hype that it would explain the oddities of the first prequel.
Now with the newest and LAST (???) of the series, I'll probably do the same thing ... wait for a friend to pay for it.
On another board I wrote up a spiel about how I recall the origins of Vader :jediduel: came about. I canna remember if I posted it here as well. Either way I was (still am?) a original Star Wars geek and I too add my part to the reaction of the first prequel and the changes to the original series ... "as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror..."

Sigh... my torch still flames brightly for the real author of "A New Hope"... Alan Dean Foster.

B

bluespacething

bignick...you should know how big of a Harry Potter fan I am. Probably the biggest you know ;)

And I seriously doubt Episodes 7, 8, 9 will ever get made. Lucas has stated how hard it was to work on I, II, and III...and that he is finished after III is out. Granted, it's Lucas and he could change his mind like he did about releasing the original trilogy on dvd earlier than he was going to so it is possible 7, 8, 9 would get made but I wouldn't make any bets on it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Sigh... my torch still flames brightly for the real author of "A New Hope"... Alan Dean Foster.
You LIE. LIE.

Foster only wrote the NOVELIZATION based on Lucas's scripts. He was NOT the real author.

If he was the story would have been better. Hehe.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
so true...

the one thing we know about george lucas is that he is never happy...ever...so i wouldn't be suprised if 7, 8, and 9 came out...but let's face it..as excited as i am...episode I kinda sucked. Episode II redeemed itself a bit, in my opinion...but episode has a lot of potential...which probably means it's gonna be the biggest flop of all...

and now i'm gonna ignore everything i've just said and stick my head back in the sand into complete, blissful, optimistic ignorance...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
You LIE. LIE.
Foster only wrote the NOVELIZATION based on Lucas's scripts. He was NOT the real author.
If he was the story would have been better. Hehe.
I actually sit when I'm at the computer my friend... as opposed to lying down when I type this stuff out. :D
My source of THAT information comes from a long time ago in a teenager's bedroom far far away... a Fanzine that I was reading said that Lucas bought the story from Foster who originally wrote it but hadn't publish/sold the story. He didn't expect it to be made into a movie and the movie to become the HUGE success that it did.. hell neither did Lucas. But it did.
Soo, something came up that Lucas paid off Foster to be hush hush about he being the original creator of the story ... he (Foster) was also allowed to write one of the few authorized tie in's "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" which was supposedly to take place in the Star Wars Universal time line between "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back."
Foster was also allowed to write a middle timeline story for the prequels. "The Approaching Storm."

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Well, I have to say it wouldn't be so difficult for Mr. Lucas if half the movies weren't special effects. That was the biggest dissapointment for me with Ep 1 and 2. The acting was replaced by special effects. Hayden was such a little pain. Turn to dark side, don't turn into a brat. Whiny little...anyways, what was really lacking was the banter between the characters, like Luke and Hans and Leia. I will take good acting over special effects any day. And, as far as I'm concerned, this is nothing to look forward to since Return of the King came out;-)

A---)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a serious gripe about teh new DVD release of star wars...

I finally got around to watching it... and at the end of Jedi, they Replaced Anakin Skywalker with Hayden Christensen. Ok, well and good... but...

WHY THE HECK IS ANAKIN STILL THE YOUNG ANAKIN WE SEE IN EPISODE 2-3, WHEN BEN KENOBI'S GHOST IS THE OLD GRIZZELD BEN KENOBI OF EPISODE 4?

GRRR.

LUCAS AND HIS CONTINUITY ERRORS ARE STARTING TO CHEEZE ME OFF.

Ahem. Rant over.

Latest Discussions