What weight uniform?

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lightweigh fabric, heavyweight, or super heavyweight?

Personally, I like lightweight for sparring, but superheavy for technique work.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back when I wore a gi on a regular basis, I'd use a medium KI gi if available, heavyweight in any other brand if KI was not obtainable.

Cthulhu

S

Spud

I prefer 12 oz material myself. I understand that some 10 oz fabric is out there and may try one this summer.

K

KanoLives

Yea 10 and 12 oz for me. Summer time I go with an 8 oz but I like the heavier ones personally. :)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wear a 100 lb plate mail gi. I find that I get both a good workout and the added advantage of extra protection. :rofl:

Seriously, I don't wear gi's much. When I do, I prefer heavywieght (or even super heavyweight) fabric for durability.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
12 oz. year round. And if I can make a suggestion the Juka brand is excellent. They have several different cuts available for your preferences. Mine is for a Juka Silver, but a woman in our class had to go with a different pant because of her longer legs.

www.juka.com

Lamont

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blindside
12 oz. year round. And if I can make a suggestion the Juka brand is excellent. They have several different cuts available for your preferences. Mine is for a Juka Silver, but a woman in our class had to go with a different pant because of her longer legs.

www.juka.com

Lamont

My wife and daughter use the Juka Diamond and the Jukado Primos. For Judo or Ju Jitsu stay with the Primo, you won't be sorry. But with the primos, order 1 size larger than normal. The pants run small.

:asian:

C

Chicago Green Dragon

I wear a heavy weight uniform.

Chicago Green Dragon

:asian:

L

LadyDragon

I almost always wear a heavy weight. But on some real hot sofla nights, I'll wear a light weight just to be more comfortable.

kilo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a Juka Dragon Judo gi and it's nice real nice. I just got a new Juka Bronze its also nice real nice.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
light weight 14-18oz for work outs, heavy weight for those few times i need to look good

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
light weight 14-18oz for work outs, heavy weight for those few times i need to look good

14-18 oz is light???????

What do you wear for heavy? chainmail?

R

RCastillo

If I wear a heavy one, it's just to teach in. I'll wear a middle weight to fight/work out. I gotta move or Jfarnsworth will be all over my butt!:eek:

Latest Discussions