JDenz said:
Primo has yet to master the two handed choke

Yes I must admit This Complex Move still
dose not favor me :rolleyes:

Awsome Shots of Destany Amigo :partyon:

OP
R

Rikki

A two handed choke is a good way to get "double armbarred".

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rikki said:
A two handed choke is a good way to get "double armbarred".
Very True But......................Not So Easy on Jdenz

Armbar is My Specity But Jedenz is well aware of it.
To say this Guy is Strong is an under statement.

I've seen Him Use This Choke in the Guard Cross Side & Mount.

He just learned a New Veryation From Renzo Gracie
That Made me cringe for a Moment.

While I agree with U it is a way of geting cought
it Also set up a Few Slams it happen to Me in The Cadge in Mar.
Altho I manged to get The Armlock the 2nd Time Around.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Favourite submission: Colt Combat Commander 45 screwed into the ear or mouth of a side-mounted opponent.
:)

D.

So how often do U practise This Tec.
do U & Your Training partner Take Turns???
:rolleyes:

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
ace said:
So how often do U practise This Tec.
do U & Your Training partner Take Turns???
:rolleyes:
Actually, when I was training GJJ/BJJ regularly, trained this sort of thing fairly regularly. Weapons retention in grappling, and the ability to control your opponent while drawing and firing from a superior position are nice in theory, but until you bang it out on the mat, much harder than it looks.

In the same way you do position drills, escapes, lines, etc., make what you drill be something like: "pop up from mount to knee-up while maintaining with left, and drawing from rear waistband with right". Guy on the bottom offers progressive resistance with drill length.

Caveat: Start with a fake one. I only have 2-3 people in the world I trust enough to make sure the gun is empty. With those little plastic b-b jobbers they have now, should still be easy enough to train it for grip size, etc.

For fun practicing grappling with a knife, next time you roll with some buddies, get a couple of magic markers and add drawing on each other (and trying to prevent it) to your training. Again...the theory is easier than the application, but you never really get it till you struggle with it.

BJJ was not always only for the ring.

D.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Have Trained in Wepons Fighting for the Last 7 Years
I agree with what U are saying.

Your 1st post seemed Like a Mock I hear And See towards
Grapplers,Ju Jitsu Guy's & So On........

I've alway's Belived in Crosstraing & seeking truth
through the Martial Arts.

Whats Amazing to Me is how many Tradional
Martial Artist Preach Selfdefence But Never take the Time
To Move out Side The Box They Started in.

Sory to get off on the wrong foot..........

OP
R

Rikki

Ace,

I think we are talking about two different techniques. Not taking anything away from Jdenz….he may be able to defeat this one too.

I’m talking about a double armbar. This is much easier to explain with visuals…but I’ll try my best with just words. It comes when your opponent is in your guard and chokes you with both hands (it can also happen if they have their hands planted on your shoulders). You cross your arms over top of theirs, grabbing their wrists. Next you put your legs over their shoulders and cross your feet behind their head. The last step is to push your hips to the sky. You have to hold their hands down to your neck or it won’t work.

We teach this move to all of our beginners on their first day of class. It’s a very good move for women who are afraid of domestic violence.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Rikki said:
Ace,

I think we are talking about two different techniques. Not taking anything away from Jdenz….he may be able to defeat this one too.

I’m talking about a double armbar. This is much easier to explain with visuals…but I’ll try my best with just words. It comes when your opponent is in your guard and chokes you with both hands (it can also happen if they have their hands planted on your shoulders). You cross your arms over top of theirs, grabbing their wrists. Next you put your legs over their shoulders and cross your feet behind their head. The last step is to push your hips to the sky. You have to hold their hands down to your neck or it won’t work.

We teach this move to all of our beginners on their first day of class. It’s a very good move for women who are afraid of domestic violence.

I know the Double armbar I have Used it it the Past.
Alexander Outsuka Used it in a Pride Fight against Mike Bourke

OP
J

JDenz

Kembudo are you in the military or a peace officer. I have been wondering how much active service personal are getting trianed in self defense arts, I have heard from most Drill Insrtucters there is not that much emphisis placed on that. Or unarmed techniques on sequring a resisting oppenant for police triaing.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

A figure four leg lock: it always makes 'em say uncle.

OP
V

Vadim

My favorite submission is the kimura. Although I will apply whatever submission presents itself.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
JDenz said:
Kembudo are you in the military or a peace officer. I have been wondering how much active service personal are getting trianed in self defense arts, I have heard from most Drill Insrtucters there is not that much emphisis placed on that. Or unarmed techniques on sequring a resisting oppenant for police triaing.
Neither, now. Had a contract for a brief time training guys at Pendleton in sentry removal and CQB/"ditch" fighting skills prior to Storm I. From what I hear through the grapevine, arrest and detention basics are being added to the core training of most of the ground troops, regardless of military branch or specialty, secondary to the defined change in functions from "invaders" to "peacekeepers".

I haven't heard a lot of detail, but my understanding is that it's pretty simple stuff: One guy points a rifle at you and tells you to lie face down, while another rides knee-board on you and zip-ties your wrists. Some of the unpleasant search results in initial Afghanistan dampened the desire to wrassle an unwilling to the floor. "F--k it: Shoot him" became the preferred method for field arrests. Keep in mind: Iraqi regular gave up in droves in Storm I, such that there was literally not time to zip them all. As the implementation of a lesson learned, the idea in Afghani lands was to corral them first, then zip and search them one at a time. Some of you may remember fighters from the other side keeping quiet about grenades and such until they popped.

Big difference was that in Desert Storm, we bombed the bejeezus outta them and their supply lines. They were pressed into service for Saddam, by Saddam, so they were more than happy to be taken prisoner to make the repeated booming noise stop, and to get a meal. Taliban, in contrast, had a religious ideology and conviction to their actions...we're fighting jihadists there still, but don't see or hear much about it on the news...not good airplay. A man fighting for his deepest felt convictions will frequently fight to the very end. Remember: historically, early christians givent the oportunity to recant their professed beliefs and live, chose death. The worst opponent you can fight is one with nothing to lose.

Dave

OP
E

Erik

It may sound crazy, but I get some of my best submissions from within a guy's guard using an Ezekiel choke (anyone know why it's called that?).

Trying this from this position defies good sense but I've gotten great results.

Go figure.

Latest Discussions