what is your least favourite area of kenpo

OP
kenpoworks

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
digitalronin made some good points....
* a hundred and one forms & techiques.....yes I am starting to see the value in EPs "Sam Ting" analogie.

* making self defense into rocket science or buddist magic....yep, I dislike the "jargon" driven drivel as well.

* the inter-family political catfights......I don't think this will ever go away, but,you never know!

Good Stuff.
Rich

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
the katas. I know they are necessary and I am trying my best at them but I REALLY dont like them. and some of the goofy moves in them. I for one, could get along perfectly fine without the 'silk wind' string in long three. you look DUMB spinning all over like that.

*edit*
and dizzy too

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
the katas. I know they are necessary and I am trying my best at them but I REALLY dont like them. and some of the goofy moves in them.
Goofy to you maybe but not necessarily to others. I love the forms.

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

RaysOnAwaV

White Belt
Reaction score
What I have found out over the years is that those techniques or forms I have not cared for was a result of not truley understanding the form/tech.

Just because you dislike a move(s) in kenpo, do not discard it as a waste. Overtime you will begin to understand them and have a different perspective. Granted you will have to have a quality instructor to lead you down the right path.

Salute,
Ray

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
RaysOnAwaV said:
What I have found out over the years is that those techniques or forms I have not cared for was a result of not truley understanding the form/tech.

Just because you dislike a move(s) in kenpo, do not discard it as a waste. Overtime you will begin to understand them and have a different perspective. Granted you will have to have a quality instructor to lead you down the right path.

Salute,
Ray
Nicely stated Ray.

Jamie Seabrook

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aside from all of the political stuff :eek: Kenpo is like going to a diner. There are sooooo many things on the menu sometimes I just don't know what to choose.:D

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seabrook said:
Given the title of this thread, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Jamie Seabrook
It can be both I think. Since this thread is about the bad things, I had in mind the times I've frozen during "no mind" attacks, even for a second, trying to decide between more than one action I could take. In a real attack hesitation could be very dangerous. Sometimes I consider simplifying things. One response per type of attack, that is there for me without fail.

MJ :asian:

Latest Discussions