What is your favorite aspect of martial arts?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I lost 2kilos in GI jujitsu class the other night. From just the heat here. I mean I look fabulous but it is a high price to pay.

I hear you, bro. Training in high heat always sucks, but sometimes it does so really, really badly.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What is your favorite aspect of martial arts?

The long, hot shower after training. :D

Seriously, though, I like facing and overcoming challenges. I like the history and philosophy. And most of all, I like making a positive difference in people's lives, especially kids.

kravmaga1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The best aspects of martial arts for me is healthy lifestyle and self-confidence.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
What do you enjoy most about MA? Examples- training, sparring, forms, learning to fight, reading, history etc.

What I enjoy most is learning new things and doing basic kicks/punches on my Thai Heavy Bag. I find myself enjoying working on basics, (right now boxing/Muay Thai kicks/chain punches). I can also do these things at home, whenever I feel like it.

I also enjoy reading about different martial arts, primarily on MT, and watching movies that are based around martial arts. I’m also a sucker for YouTube videos related to MA and real fight scenarios.

MA for me is more of a hobby/exercise activity with a secondary purpose of self defense.
Honestly? It's that feeling of mental and physical clarity I get after training.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Honestly? It's that feeling of mental and physical clarity I get after training.

I think that’s a very important aspect of practicing a MA.

Last edited:

Ondrejmatej

White Belt
Reaction score
What do you enjoy most about MA? Examples- training, sparring, forms, learning to fight, reading, history etc.

What I enjoy most is learning new things and doing basic kicks/punches on my Thai Heavy Bag. I find myself enjoying working on basics, (right now boxing/Muay Thai kicks/chain punches). I can also do these things at home, whenever I feel like it.

I also enjoy reading about different martial arts, primarily on MT, and watching movies that are based around martial arts. I’m also a sucker for YouTube videos related to MA and real fight scenarios.

MA for me is more of a hobby/exercise activity with a secondary purpose of self defense.

I don't have a single favorite thing, i enjoy training, forms, learning to fight etc,..

Latest Discussions