What is the real value of a Black Belt today

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
The Kenpo Flame is in your heart not on your belt.

:asian:

I like this, may I steal it for a signature?:asian:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
I like it too. LOL (just post who you got it from)
:asian:
Uh oh, copyright infringement on the Goldendragon?........you will die!;)

Never cheat the Dragon!:eek:

OP
J

jules

Originally posted by anthonyc
A belt is just a belt, regardless of the color. A true Blackbelt is what is inside the individual. In my school we have what is called the 3% rule. 3% of the students want to train hard and earn their promotions and belts, the other 97% go through the motions, don't try very hard, yet they pay the bills for the 3% so the school can remain open. Its a business and a fact of life. I appreciate the 97% because they maintain an environment that is great to train in. Do I have the same respect for them when they receive their Blackbelts as I do when someone from the 3% does? No way. And it makes me wonder when I meet a Blackbelt from a different school, were they part of the 3% or just going through the motions?

:cheers: Exactly!!

OP
S

stacks

the Black Belt

I feel that the black belt is truly something that should be earned not bought! the hard work and dedication one buts forth to be awarded (Shodan) their first black belt and every dan after is a mark of loyalty and the love for the art, however with all the "new and improved" martial art schools popping up the belt seems to be watered down. I beleive that the one wearing the belt and the one who earned the belt shows in the eyes and body language (the self respect and self esteem shine) were as one who bought the belt does not shine so bright. They will find in time that being a Black Belt is different then wearing one

stacks :karate:

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by stacks
the one who earned the belt shows in the eyes and body language (the self respect and self esteem shine) were as one who bought the belt does not shine so bright. They will find in time that being a Black Belt is different then wearing one

stacks :karate:

You rock!! :asian: