What Have You Done For Kenpo Lately?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, there comes a time in ones training in which something should be given back to the art. Once the more advanced ranks have been achieved, its not so much about learning new techniques or forms, but instead time in grade and contributions to the art.

So, what has everyone done?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, As an older student I have found helping teaching classes/new students can be fun.

You will find teaching other students can be very rewarding to one self. Each one of us will have there own background in the martial arts and will offer ideas/things in our own way teaching/showing ways to do things.

What can you do for your Kempo classes....help teach.....be positive always..........Aloha

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have run my own martial arts school for almost 11 years now, and teach seminars in my region and across North America.

I coach a Canadian National Kenpo Karate Demonstration Team that travels to major events to spread and display our great system to others.

I am also the author of two books, "Martial Arts Revealed: Benefits, Problems, and Solutions" and "American Kenpo Mastery: A Guide for Students and Instructors".

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

eyebeams

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm teaching my son and researching the history of the system.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This past summer I travelled halfway around the world to share Kenpo and spent an amazing 10 days interacting with students ranging from 7 to mid 50s. The long days spent working with everyone was wonderful. Course the Aussie Kenpoists all think we have accents.. how wrong they are ;)
Planning on a 3 week return trip next year. Can't wait~!

~Tess

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, I'd have to say that its teaching the art to others. Spreading the art that Mr. Parker taught, giving people a good knowledge and understanding of the art are IMO helping to keep it alive and strong!

Mike

T

TheBattousai

Well, this year has been big for me and my kempo group. We bought a new building that would become our dojo, and all of us students help in renovating it with the headmaster. We all did some landscaping work, taking out old walls, putting in plumbing, and all the things that go with construction and renovating work. That was the big thing this year, but lately its been the norm of teaching and tutoring.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I teach 6-8 hours a week. In addition to that, I try and be a good role model for the other students.

Latest Discussions