What happened to E-Budo?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Went there today, and it was a dafualt server install screen. Anyone know what went fhoom? Was a great source for the Japanese arts.
:asian:

K

Keil Randor

No clue. I get the same msg. I just started combing through it for iiinformation on sword katas.

:(

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They are using an older version of VB, but, it doesn't seem that the board itself was hacked, just the site.

doesn't appear to be a malicious sort, but a "tagger". (they go in for the "i waz here" stuff.)

Hope they recover quick.:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
doesn't appear to be a malicious sort, but a "tagger".

I understand the distinction that you're drawing, but this reduces the functionality of the board and I would consider it malicious. (I doubt that you're disagreeing that this is bad, of course.) But indeed it does not appear that they have lost data.

Hope they recover quick.

Yes--there's lots of good information available there.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I see nothing wrong with harmless exploration (which is what the majority of hackers do), I do take exception when it turns to annoying or worse.

Whoever nailed em, while -maybe- meaning only to "tag" the site, or let the admins know they weren't secure but not take out the board (since it works but just not the index page) still have disrupted the operation. To me, thats wrong.

Hopefully they get it fixed and locked down fast. Because it could have been worse (whole board wiped out for example)

:asian:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I got this from SaitamaSteve today explaining about E-Budo:

"E-Budo has been down for about a week. I think that there was some sort of security breach or something like that and the board shut down automatically. The only fella who has the DNS security codes is John Lindsey who's in Iraq."

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unable to post over on E-Budo. Lost ID.

keep us informed as well over here. Please?

Thank You :asian:

E

Elizium

Well until John comes back from his duties in Iraq, which could be a few weeks, months, who really knows how long e-budo will be out of action.

Other boards like this are, as you say, a substitute for e-budo. Although some of the people I talk to on there are not contactable through this and other boards. A few that are out there like the new one Asainmartialarts are just an over flow of the collapse.

Concern of John and his silence in Iraq is mounting as is the itch to get e-budo back online. I say IMO, let it run it's course, John has work to do for the country, so until he returns we should all be patient.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
E-budo is back. I recvd an e-mail yesterday and just checked the site. The operator is still in Iraq, but has Internet access and local help.

This is a great resource for Japanese arts.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
E-budo is back. I recvd an e-mail yesterday and just checked the site. The operator is still in Iraq, but has Internet access and local help.

This is a great resource for Japanese arts.

I got the same e-mail but did not confirm.

I am glad that it is back and that the Admin has been able to leave his other duties long enough to bring the site back. (* Just glad he is still alive. *)

Peace

Latest Discussions