What do you take for energy

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score

CharlieYankee

White Belt
Reaction score
Definitely all about hydration throughout the day and good food. Sleep is important but I never get enough. However, before my classes which are about 1.5 hours I eat a banana and peanut butter 1 hour before and take a C4 energy drink 15 minutes prior. Iget enough of an energy boost to easily last throughout the class. Right after class get protein in me.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hydration and sleep really are important. I drank a lot of soda as a kid, wish I had been drinking water more. Now I struggle regularly with hydrating properly, although these days its pretty much water and coffee, occasional energy drink thrown in. Sleep has been more difficult with my work hours. 4 twelve hour days one week, followed by 4 twelve hour nights the next week, then 3 twelve hour days the following week, finish off with 3 twelve hour nights. 0600-1800 or 1800-0600. Even with 2-4 days off between workweeks it's difficult to not be constantly tired. I don't mind 12 hour shifts but I wish they were the same every week.

OP
M

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hydration and sleep really are important. I drank a lot of soda as a kid, wish I had been drinking water more. Now I struggle regularly with hydrating properly, although these days it’s pretty much water and coffee, occasional energy drink thrown in. Sleep has been more difficult with my work hours. 4 twelve hour days one week, followed by 4 twelve hour nights the next week, then 3 twelve hour days the following week, finish off with 3 twelve hour nights. 0600-1800 or 1800-0600. Even with 2-4 days off between workweeks it's difficult to not be constantly tired. I don't mind 12 hour shifts but I wish they were the same every week.
Ghost makes a good energy drink, I think there’s a new one called Goat with mushroom in it

Latest Discussions