OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Shizen Shigoku said:
arnisador: "What was intelligently designed first--the chicken or the egg?"

That just made me throw up in my mouth a little. :barf:

Of course the egg came first - birds evolved from dinosaurs, right?

But would you call it a 'chicken egg' before the first chicken hatched out of it, or is it not yet a 'chicken's egg' until it is laid by a chicken?
Eww...

I'd call it a chicken egg the moment it contained a chicken.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
Eww...

I'd call it a chicken egg the moment it contained a chicken.
So who owns the egg, the chicken inside it or the thing that laid it? See, i'm not sure its actually the chicken's egg.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
So who owns the egg, the chicken inside it or the thing that laid it?
The company who genetically engineered the chicken of course. The egg is a reflection of the mother's genetics and that stuff can be patented.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shizen Shigoku said:
But would you call it a 'chicken egg' before the first chicken hatched out of it, or is it not yet a 'chicken's egg' until it is laid by a chicken?

Personally, I think its just a matter of semantics and the answer will vary from person to person.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
kenpochad said:
The chicken.
was man put on the earth as a baby?
:shrug:

Technically, man probably evolved from a long lineage of ancestral species that ultimately have their physical origins in single-celled organisms that grew out of constituent elements and molecules that make up part of the earth.

So, man wasn't so much "put on" the earth as "grown out of" the earth. Or, something like that.

K

kenpochad

heretic888 said:
Technically, man probably evolved from a long lineage of ancestral species that ultimately have their physical origins in single-celled organisms that grew out of constituent elements and molecules that make up part of the earth.

So, man wasn't so much "put on" the earth as "grown out of" the earth. Or, something like that.
I don't believe that man came out of the ocean as a single celled organism.
But thats just me

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
kenpochad said:
I don't believe that man came out of the ocean as a single celled organism.
But thats just me

If you'll actually re-read my post, that is not at all what I was saying.

What I actually said was that man evolved from a long line of ancestral species that ultimately have their origins in single-celled organisms that may or may not have inhabited "the ocean".

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
So who owns the egg, the chicken inside it or the thing that laid it? See, i'm not sure its actually the chicken's egg.
It doesn't matter who "owns" an egg. Is there a chicken inside? If so, it's a chicken egg.

heretic888 said:
Personally, I think its just a matter of semantics and the answer will vary from person to person.
Arguments rise and fall over semantics.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Michael Palin: I came here for a good argument!
John Cleese: No, you came here for an argument.

Is this the 5 minute or the half an hour? Just want to know before we go on to far.

That is a great act :D

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
It doesn't matter who "owns" an egg. Is there a chicken inside? If so, it's a chicken egg.
Yeah but if it was layed by a dinosaur why would that have no bearing on weather or not it was a chicken egg or a dinosaur egg. I mean it is after all the reproductive cell of the mother is it not?

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since I have nothing intelligent to say on this one, how about a stab at humor?

"But would you call it a 'chicken egg' before the first chicken hatched out of it, or is it not yet a 'chicken's egg' until it is laid by a chicken?"

Attempt #1 - I dont think a 'chicken egg' has to give birth to be called a 'chicken egg' I think it could be a 'chicken egg' after it has been laid a couple of times.

"So who owns the egg, the chicken inside it or the thing that laid it?"

Attempt #2 - I think most married men know the answer to this one without my prompt, but for clarification - yes the thing that laid it owns it - period.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can I get a stack of pancakes with low-carb syrup and a half order of biscuits and gravy with my eggs.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Define chicken. Define what genetic code is required for it to be a chicken. Heck just define everything then I'll answere anything.
I'll answere the egg came first.

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Is this the 5 minute or the half an hour? Just want to know before we go on to far.

That is a great act :D
Palin: This isn't an argument! It's contradiction!
Cleese: No it's not.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
someguy said:
Define chicken. Define what genetic code is required for it to be a chicken. Heck just define everything then I'll answere anything.
Define define.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
someguy said:
Somebody get this guy a Webster's.
icon10.gif