What about Power Rangers???

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wonder Woman Too?

A nursery school in Australia has raised howls of protest by forbidding kids from wearing superhero costumes because they encourage aggressive behavior, reports the Williamstown Advertiser in Victoria.

Children attending the Altoona Meadows Child Care Center in Hobsons Bay are no longer allowed to wear Superman, Batman or Spiderman costumes to school.

The local council also has adopted a war-free toy and clothing zone policy, instructing parents not to dress children in camouflage or other clothing depicting aggression or violence.

OP
Ender

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Students in England will no longer "fail" national standardized tests under new guidelines issued by the government, reports the Lincolnshire Echo.

They will instead get an "N" grade for "nearly."

People who grade tests have also been instructed to stop marking math questions as right or wrong, but instead use the terms "creditworthy" or "not creditworthy."

The new guidelines come from the government's Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (search). They cover English, math and science exams taken by 7-, 11- and 14-year-olds in all state schools and some private schools.

Nick Seaton, the chairman of the Campaign for Real Education (search), described the changes as "political correctness gone stark raving bonkers."

P

pknox

Well, I'm glad to see this isn't a problem isolated to our side of the pond. :rolleyes:

:soapbox:

Fellow educators - congratulations on your choice to enter the world of not offending anyone or lowering their self esteem! Your PE classes will soon no longer have games that have clear winners and losers, and children will also not be tested on their fitness levels, as getting a bad result could harm their feeling of self-worth. Elimination of sports programs will logically not be far behind.

By ascribing to this feeling that there are no winners and losers, only participants who should be rewarded for making even the most minimal of efforts, your children will be oh so rewarded later in life! When they go to work and compete for jobs and promotions, they will eventually realize it was all a sham that left them horribly ill-prepared for the cutthroat nature of the real world. Unfortunately, by then it shall be too late for them to do anything about it.

Welcome aboard!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it's stuff like this... makes me glad I grew up in the 60's - 70's
Who the hell comes up with this crap anyway? I mean I'm all for safety and building self-esteem and character in children sure... but jeez man this stuff (^above^) and (sadly) dozens of other examples just makes you wanna go HUH? Where they get THAT from?

Sigh :confused: :shrug: :rolleyes:

T

TheRustyOne

Well, I don't know about wearing costumes to school, unless it's a Halloween party, but dude! kids in my generation grew up on those shows! why deny them? *snickers cuz i'm sounding like an idiot*

as for the power rangers, that was the reason I came inside before dark! my friends and i would gather around a tv, and watch egearly, then go mimic it till it did get dark!

OP
Ender

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
*L...them and Ninja Turtles were one of the reasons I put my son in MA. They were doing all stupid tricks and they were going to hurt themselves!*L

Then later came WWF..and thats a whole nother issue..*G

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well lets see... Lets be PC about Costumes:

No Superheros - Promotes Violence

No Move Monsters - Same Reason

No Soldiers, Etc - Same Reason

No Food Prducts Costumes - Might Be Unhealthy Food, Offensive to Vegans, or promote unsafe eating habits

No Disney Costumes - Promotes Racial Steroetyping

No Witches or Wizards or Ghosts- Satanic

No Industy Costumes (Dr, Farmer, Nurse, Cheerleader, etc...) Promotes Economic Stereotyping, and could offend labor unions.

Hmmmm. Yeah, you could find something stupidly and potentially offensive/unsafe/not correct with any freakin costume concept on the market.

Whatever.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bah such nonsense.. What did these adults play at when they were kids?? I dont' think they had a childhood by the sounds of it.. *shaking head* I was a fairy, witch, goblin, devil girl, etc for halloween..
Gee next they will outlaw the Easter bunny and oh perish the thought.. Leprechauns~!

I remember playing batman.. superman, Underdog.. mighty mouse.. list goes on.. and I'm certainly not too damaged *G*

*hush to the peanut gallery *G*

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We finally got rid of a lot of the old Power Rangers toys, and are now clearing out the Sailor Moon stuff of my daughter's.

P

pknox

Arni - it may be in your best interest to check E-bay when unloading those things. If I remember correctly, some of the Sailor Moon stuff is rather collectible.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
Arni - it may be in your best interest to check E-bay when unloading those things. If I remember correctly, some of the Sailor Moon stuff is rather collectible.

He knows a source that will buy all his Sailor Moon stuff.

He knows the lady who runs supersailormoon.com
:rofl:

P

pknox

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
He knows a source that will buy all his Sailor Moon stuff.

He knows the lady who runs supersailormoon.com
:rofl:

Ah. Just figured it all out. Didn't realize all of the connections until now. Very cool!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
Ah. Just figured it all out. Didn't realize all of the connections until now. Very cool!

You can also visit rustaz for other sci-fi boards
:)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it true they weren't allowed to kick to the head because that would make it too violent?

I've heard head-kicking figures into making movies R-rated too.

Latest Discussions