What a concept:

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What? Find out how many crimes the criminals are guilty of? Why?
Civil rights advocates suggested that people who appeared to be Latino or spoke with accents would be more likely to be checked than others.
Uh, there probably aren't a whole lot of Latvian illegals in PHOENIX...
Yes, hispanics are going to be targeted a lot more in illegal immigration crack down than anyone else, this is SOLELY because the VAST MAJORITY of illegal aliens in this country came from MEXICO and are LATINO.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Find out how many crimes the criminals are guilty of? Why?

Uh, there probably aren't a whole lot of Latvian illegals in PHOENIX...
Yes, hispanics are going to be targeted a lot more in illegal immigration crack down than anyone else, this is SOLELY because the VAST MAJORITY of illegal aliens in this country came from MEXICO and are LATINO.

...and some of those who are targeted and detained are American citizens:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/25392.html\\

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008...zen-behind-bars-for-simply-appearing-mexican/

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Gee, maybe they should carry ID, like everyone else...

One of them produced a driver's license-in fact, in a lot of border states, Hispanics are carrying copies of their birth certificates and passports in addition to their normal ID, to prevent this sort of thing from happening....
....of course, I'm not really sure that there's a law that requires one to carry ID, or produce it simply because it's demanded, but I'm not a lawyer. I do know that there are quite a few of us who go for long walks in their own neighborhoods without their wallets....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last I checked, carrying your "papers" ie: ID wasn't required unless you were doing something that required them (ie: driving a car). Just walking down the street didn't require papers.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last I checked, carrying your "papers" ie: ID wasn't required unless you were doing something that required them (ie: driving a car). Just walking down the street didn't require papers.
Unless you're asked for them. You don't need to be involved in a situation for a situation to happen near you and there you are - w/o papers in the hands of the police ... and others in the pokey until they find out who you really are ... when they get around to your phone call.