what a complete bummer.....

OP
H

H@pkid0ist

I am so sorry to hear that you had to stop. It doesn't matter the system, there are teachers out there who just are not worth the change back on a penny. If you are ever down Hampton VA way stop by my teachers school, give it a gander.
www.hapkidokarate.com.
School Web site.

OP
H

Hal

Yes ,What i stated really did nothing to help the man in trouble .but to clear the air I too would have reduced my rate,

I just returned from korea last night and my Master has not received tuition form me since 1978 yes this is rare but .I also have been to his Dojang many times in the Past and he refuses any money.

Hal

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You went to Korea to train? Please tell me all about it! I'm going to Korea in a few months and am looking for a school to train at.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
H

Hal

yes ,this was my ninth trip to korea to train .I was also stationed there while in the army back in the mid 70's .

It is worth the trip and you should do your research before you make the decision to go.

Hal

greendragon

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will also state that Master Hal Whalen doesn't teach for the money, he has given me plenty of Hapkido without the thought of me owing him a fortune,,, money is good but if that is your main ambition in life, then I personally think it causes you to do some strange things,,, thanks Hal for all the Hapkido without emptying my very limited bank account,,,
Mike:)

OP
E

Eraser

Damian,

HEHEHE that's too funny, it almost like we are mirrors..
I have friends that live up in Ottawa.. and darn it.. i must go visit them some time in the future.. perhaps i'll stop in to your dojo and pay a visit!!:cool:

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You bet! Anytime, just let me know if you're ever coming down and I'll give you all the info.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Richard's predicament. Richard I'm with the others, I think you did the best thing by walking away from your former master and his dojang.
The bottom line is that although he was your master instructor, more importantly, he was also working for you! You were paying him his salary to train you in your martial art. For all intents and purposes you were his client. Master or not, if he's not fulfilling his end of the deal then he doesn't deserve your business. You did the right thing by walking away. Hopefully you'll find a more hospitable dojang in which to train in your art. Good luck.

Latest Discussions