Well Played That Man

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andy Murray ... Wimbledon Champion 2013.

That might not mean a lot if you are not a fan of tennis or are not British ... to the likes of myself that is a very big deal indeed.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Andy Murray ... Wimbledon Champion 2013.

That might not mean a lot if you are not a fan of tennis or are not British ... to the likes of myself that is a very big deal indeed.
Better make the most of it Sunshine. If history is anything to go by neither of us will be around to see the next time a local wins. Not to mention that if Scotland secedes it will be their Wimbledon, not England's! :)

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.todayonline.com/sports/murray-ends-british-drought

If Scotland breaks away from the Union that will be one of the saddest and maddest choices in our countries history. Far too much blood was spilt to join us together to allow self serving politicians to tear us apart. Very few real people see the English, the Northern Irish, the Welsh and the Scottish as anything other than parts of the same family. We joke and poke fun at each other for all manner of imagined 'traits' but when push comes to shove we are all British and darned proud of it.

I wasn't thinking "If only Andy was English" as I stood in my house and applauded with tears in my eyes and a smile on my lips this afternoon after a few minutes of having my heart in my mouth as the battle was joined over ownership of the third Set.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.todayonline.com/sports/murray-ends-british-drought

If Scotland breaks away from the Union that will be one of the saddest and maddest choices in our countries history. Far too much blood was spilt to join us together to allow self serving politicians to tear us apart. Very few real people see the English, the Northern Irish, the Welsh and the Scottish as anything other than parts of the same family. We joke and poke fun at each other for all manner of imagined 'traits' but when push comes to shove we are all British and darned proud of it.

I wasn't thinking "If only Andy was English" as I stood in my house and applauded with tears in my eyes and a smile on my lips this afternoon after a few minutes of having my heart in my mouth as the battle was joined over ownership of the third Set.
FWIW, I agree 100%. After 77 years I was just stirring. :asian:

Latest Discussions