Wedding Videographer Gets Sued... Rightly So.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
When I first read your post, I thought there must be technical issues. But no, the guy was just incompetent. There's really no excuse either way. If it were my business, I'd have three cameras, two on sticks and one handheld (or at the very least, two cameras with one of them on sticks), so I can get decent cutaways.

During the ceremony, things are fixed, so it's easy to frame decent shots. And then during the reception, it's just about capturing the big moments, flowers, cake etc, and then getting lots of good b-roll of people getting s-faced and having fun.

This isn't rocket science people. Edit it together into a nice 60 minute story, put a nice label on it and charge a mint.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I first read your post, I thought there must be technical issues. But no, the guy was just incompetent. There's really no excuse either way. If it were my business, I'd have three cameras, two on sticks and one handheld (or at the very least, two cameras with one of them on sticks), so I can get decent cutaways.

During the ceremony, things are fixed, so it's easy to frame decent shots. And then during the reception, it's just about capturing the big moments, flowers, cake etc, and then getting lots of good b-roll of people getting s-faced and having fun.

This isn't rocket science people. Edit it together into a nice 60 minute story, put a nice label on it and charge a mint.
This.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is bad.

Although if the price is right and the bride is hot enough, I would be willing to video the consumation of the marriage as well. J/K

Matthew McMullen

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow that is really bad and $1000 isn't a lot of money for the guy to have to file bankruptcy means he was incompetent at a lot of things not just taking a video of a wedding. I am positive I could have done a better job with my phone. :)

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've shot several weddings.
On one of them I feel really bad... that some how I misplaced the negatives and thus wasn't able to get enlargements of the prints that the couple received from me. At least they have those to get reprinted... especially today's technology where the pics can be scanned digitally and reprinted a lot better than from original negatives... which of course would be ... a lot better... sigh.

All other weddings I've done I've managed to do very well with the quality and all the couples were very satisfied with the results.

I've often wondered how well I'd do with a good DSLR... :idunno: just need the $$ right now.

Latest Discussions