We were on TV!

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Terrific clip, good job. Nice adaptation when things didn't go exactly as planned.

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cthulhu said:
It's not the training...I slept in a Holiday Inn Express the night before the demo ;)

We started slow...I think the first two stick strikes were quite leisurely. It kinda blew up after that. We kept TRYING to slow down. That didn't work out so well. The worst part was, right after that, we had to go to our regular training. Five minutes constantly at that pace got me a wee bit winded.

It was fun, and I'd definitely do it again.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Yup. I got a little winded just watching the clip :) You guys were moving a pretty aerobic pace - at least by my out-of-shape standards.

Mike

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bdparsons said:
Terrific clip, good job. Nice adaptation when things didn't go exactly as planned.

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute
Andy pulling a second knife on me was a bit of a surprise. My problem was refusing to continue the drills Andy started :) Hey, sometimes I like 3-count, and sometimes I like 5-count.

And then he took my stick away.

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pesilat said:
Yup. I got a little winded just watching the clip :) You guys were moving a pretty aerobic pace - at least by my out-of-shape standards.

Mike
We could have done what some people do and stayed stationary with no footwork. I'm sure the camera guy would have appreciated that. But hell, we'd fall asleep doing that, and most of the stuff would not work or look right with no proper footwork.

Cthulhu

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great demo. They actually gave you guys a decent amount of time on air. It's always great to seem the FMAs being promoted.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
that was cool! great work!!!

as always, good to see the arts represented in a practical, legit way. way to go. i loved the disarms! :)

perhaps we could bribe the forum mod to split this thread into the "Members in Motion" section on the board

again, great work :asian:

A

AldonAsher

Palusut said:
Andy,

Didn't Joaquin (Long hair in clip) just start FMA with Aldon and you only about 3 years? Awesome!!!

BTW:

I am planning on being this time for the Gathering.

Harold

Harold, I'll be there too. Take it easy.

Al

Latest Discussions