"We know how to treat a lady."

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some marriages, though, are polygamous, which some cultures find immoral, and others do not. Some have a history of being more flexible about how a woman should behave sexually, as in Polynesian cultures. Just a clear reminder that what we call “morals’ are generally social constructs, and not predominantly a function of biology.

The sexual "flexibility" of Polynesian cultures? I thought for sure you'd be familiar with Margaret Mead and the Heretic by Derek Freeman. Pity you are not.

Pax,

Chris

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Interesting.

Ejaculation and orgasm are not synonymous terms in men. A man, with lots of practice and muscle control, can have an orgasm without ejaculation. Whereby he can keep up the love making process as there is no loss of erection.

Based on my research…Not all women can achieve multiple orgasms…
Actually it was an article I read, and it was on Oprah last year!! (I’m sitting here writing a paper, with sources coming out of my ***, and I quote Oprah…). I believe they were talking about 30 – 40% of woman can and do have them.

A woman who can have multiple orgasms does not necessarily need multiple partners. Penetration is not the only way for a woman to achieve orgasm. As most women know, it may be the least efficient way to get there.

I think it is unfair to compare humans with other primates in terms of sexual desire and responsiveness. Humans are unique in many ways. We are conditioned to form pair bonds, yes some stray from that for various reasons, but the vast majority do not.

Some of your sources may very well be dated Elder.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that was the impression I got, especially given your comment of "so much for moral judgements." I'm glad to see you realize that your anecdotal evidence doesn't impact the validity of the scientific study.
Pax,

Chris

Wasn’t really interested in impacting the validity of the scientific study. I’ll even concede (again) that a portion of what we call morality seems to be inherent, and somewhat universal. The anecdote demonstrates, though, that morals are not necessarily universal-especially those that are entirely based on societal values.

The sexual "flexibility" of Polynesian cultures? I thought for sure you'd be familiar with Margaret Mead and the Heretic by Derek Freeman. Pity you are not
Pax,

Chris

Actually, I’m completely familiar with it. I was referring, however, to an earlier time than the 1930’s and 40’s. More like the time the South Pacific whaling grounds were discovered, and the times prior to that.

From a Kinsey Institute Encyclopedia article on French Polynesia:

While sailors on the early European exploring ships regarded Polynesia as a sexual paradise, the missionaries they brought viewed the same cultures as dens of debauchery. Oliver (1989) cites a 1778 report of J. Forster who stated: “The great plenty of good and nourishing food, together with fine climate, the beauty and unreserved behavior of their females, invite them powerfully to the enjoyments and pleasures of love. They begin early to abandon themselves to the most libidinous scenes.” Tahitians specifically, and Polynesians generally, became known for their sex-positive attitudes and open valuing of sexuality, although the cultural structuring and tacit rules for sexual expressions were not apparent to the Europeans. Sexual experience and expression for many Polynesians began early and continued throughout the life course.

Needless to say, the various explorers and colonial ship crews visiting the islands misunderstood Polynesian sexuality. For example, in the Marquesas, young naked girls swam out to the ships to engage in sexual trysts with the sailors. While the sailors took advantage of the sexual liberation of these young girls, they experienced some ambiguity, because their own Western sexual paradigm had no comparable framework or referent. While Polynesian girls were similar in some respects to the prostitutes or sex workers who typically greeted these sailors at other ports, they were also very different because of their youth, nakedness, and willingness to swim out to greet the boats. In addition, not all young women swam out to the boats or engaged in sex with the sailors. The young girls that came out to the ships were outside the tapu classes, so their relations with the visitors provided them access to status and wealth that they would not normally have. Foreign sailors and observers were not aware of the situational and contextual factors behind this behavior (Dening 1980).

Others who swam out to the ships were the Marquesan Ka’ioi. These were adolescents who were separated at puberty in order to be educated in the social conventions and skills necessary to become singers and dancers at koina (feasts). For girls, this was a period of intense sexual play and display. It involved learning songs and dances for the feasts, as well as the art of beautification, which included the application of oils and bleaches. High-status girls were not educated as Ka’ioi, nor did they swim out to the ships. However, it was this behavior among the Marquesans that also contributed to the Western stereotype of Polynesian sexual license (Dening 1980).

In their massive cross-cultural review of the ethnographic literature, Ford and Beach (1951) classified the Mangarevans, the Marquesans, and the Pukapukans as “permissive societies,” characterized by tolerant attitudes toward sexual expression in the lifespan of the individual. According to Gregersen (1983), Polynesia is known for “public copulation, erotic festivals, ceremonial orgies and sex expeditions,” which had disappeared by modern times. It should be pointed out that this does not imply a sexual free-for-all by any means, as noted by Douglas Oliver’s account in Ancient Tahitian Society (1974). While missionaries were immediately struck by the Polynesian variance from Western Christian standards of sexual morality, it should not be assumed that Polynesian sexuality was without cultural rules. Like sexuality everywhere, Polynesian sexuality was structured and bound by norms, regulations, and sanctions—although these were different from those of the explorers, missionaries, and colonials. It was primarily the young and unmarried people who had the greatest sexual freedom; married people and the elite class had much less.

Some of your sources may very well be dated Elder.

See above-not dated, so much as of a time before colonization and missionaries had altered the behavior of those peoples.

The material on so-called 'lesser primates," though, are all pretty much standards of the field-even Carpenter.

Interesting.

Ejaculation and orgasm are not synonymous terms in men. A man, with lots of practice and muscle control, can have an orgasm without ejaculation. Whereby he can keep up the love making process as there is no loss of erection.

Quite so :

.Man is more than his biology, though, and so is “human nature"
Of course, humans are somewhat unique, in that we’re more than just our biology..

The adaptive alternatives, of course, run the gamut-though your option is the most satisfactory for all involved. I certainly never meant that a woman needed multiple partners for multiple orgasms-that would be putting the cart somewhat before the horse-I was making the point that multiple orgasms make it easier, and more attractive, for a woman to have multiple partners, and that there were valid biological reasons for such a practice, in terms of breeding diversity and protection of offspring.

Based on my research…Not all women can achieve multiple orgasms…

Based on my “research” all women can.:lfao:

I think it is unfair to compare humans with other primates in terms of sexual desire and responsiveness. Humans are unique in many ways. We are conditioned to form pair bonds, yes some stray from that for various reasons, but the vast majority do not.

See above, again-there were also various adaptive reasons for our being conditioned to form pair bonds-though this itself has done little historically to diminish the practice of polygamy.

Again, man is more than his biology, but we have biological drives. The capacity to have multiple orgasms is one of them. Simply because a woman chooses to engage in sex with multiple partners-even at the same time does not make her a total slut, skank or whore. More to the point, this particular instance is a good example of what can happen when we disregard our conditioning-afterwards, of course, for a variety of reasons, she was ashamed-though it’s hard to say what her reaction might have been if she weren’t in a relationship.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again, man is more than his biology, but we have biological drives. The capacity to have multiple orgasms is one of them. Simply because a woman chooses to engage in sex with multiple partners-even at the same time does not make her a total slut, skank or whore. More to the point, this particular instance is a good example of what can happen when we disregard our conditioning-afterwards, of course, for a variety of reasons, she was ashamed-though it’s hard to say what her reaction might have been if she weren’t in a relationship.

When I've heard the terms slut, skank, and whore they were used precisely to denote promiscuity (Not restricted to one sexual partner).

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Based on my “research” all women can.:lfao:

Man that hurts....really.... :)

The trick is male multiple orgasms. Every male I've told this to lokos at me like I'm nuts, but they all want to borrow the book I have.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I've heard the terms slut, skank, and whore they were used precisely to denote promiscuity (Not restricted to one sexual partner).

When I've heard the terms dinge, coon,and jungle-bunny, in addition to a few others, they were used precisely to denote "race."

Doesn't make it right, though.......

Latest Discussions