Was Jesus married?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said before our flood water is on it's way to York, one of the places that gets flooded there is Clifford's Tower. ( The photo is of it flooded, the river is a couple of miles away, the river has risen 15 feet so far.)
Perhaps this may serve to remind Jason of the price of his intolerance. We don't forget, we still hold memorial services there. Tolerance is everything.

http://www.historyofyork.org.uk/themes/norman/the-1190-massacre

images

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tanach is the story of the Jewish people's relationship with G-d. It is bad enough when Xtians pick some verses out of context and mistranslate them to prove a prophesy, but what jason is doing is highly offensive. It is the wholesale dismissal of the Jewish faith. It is spitting on the graves of all those who died because they were Jews.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't "claim" anything, including being a Christian, Jason. I've seen insulting and offensive dreck like your post used by so-called "Christians"to manipulate, marginalize and ostracize people all of my life. :angry: So, I'll leave you with some Gospel quotes:

Matthew 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 7: 21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Mt 7:15 Jesus said to his disciples: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing,but underneath are ravenous wolves.

Matthew 24: 4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, and will deceive many. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people

And one especially appropriate for a mail-order martial arts teacher:

Matthew 7: 16-20 By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them."

You forgot one of my favorite and one that may of the "religious" seem to forget.

Matthew 7

-Judge not, that ye be not judged.

-For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Note: In my world the "religious" is rather different from the religious

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Whoa... is this thread still going? Well, I'll admit that I skipped a few posts. I did read Jason's post though. Unfortunately, it didn't scare me straight. I'm still incorrigeably irreverent. Speaking of which, has anybody considered that if Jesus was married, and did have kids, that would make his children the grandkid's of God. And, considering how the Jews got around in the diaspora, any one of us could be a direct descendent of God. Cool, huh?

I wonder if that would show up in DNA tests? You know like that Englishman who's a direct descendant of Genghis Kan? That'd be cool too. But I think God 'd be cooler.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa... is this thread still going? Well, I'll admit that I skipped a few posts. I did read Jason's post though. Unfortunately, it didn't scare me straight. I'm still incorrigeably irreverent.
One of the most irreverent people I've ever met was the Abbot of a Benedictine Abbey...

The thing is -- he knew what mattered and when it mattered to be reverent. The rest of the time? He had fun.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whoa... is this thread still going? Well, I'll admit that I skipped a few posts. I did read Jason's post though. Unfortunately, it didn't scare me straight. I'm still incorrigeably irreverent. Speaking of which, has anybody considered that if Jesus was married, and did have kids, that would make his children the grandkid's of God. And, considering how the Jews got around in the diaspora, any one of us could be a direct descendent of God. Cool, huh?

I wonder if that would show up in DNA tests? You know like that Englishman who's a direct descendant of Genghis Kan? That'd be cool too. But I think God 'd be cooler.

Well, there is the (purely hypothetical, and unsupported by any evidence) theory sometimes referred to as the "Bloodline of Jesus", which says that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a child, and that progeny eventually became the basis of all the Royal families of Europe.... mind you, all the Royal families of Europe are also said to have descended from Charlemagne... so was Charlemagne a direct descendant of Jesus then? Hmm, the plot thins...

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, there is the (purely hypothetical, and unsupported by any evidence) theory sometimes referred to as the "Bloodline of Jesus", which says that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a child, and that progeny eventually became the basis of all the Royal families of Europe.... mind you, all the Royal families of Europe are also said to have descended from Charlemagne... so was Charlemagne a direct descendant of Jesus then? Hmm, the plot thins...

The Merovingian thing? Pure tripe, made to make Charlemagne seem divine.

And if it is unsupported by any actual evidence, it is conjecture or at best a hypothesis.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

And if it is unsupported by any actual evidence, it is conjecture or at best a hypothesis.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

As I've posted elsewhere, though, it's the likely reason for depictions of Jesus as a long blonde haired, blue-eyed Caucasian, instead of Semitic features-like those of most pre 700A.D. icons.

Merovingian King:

View attachment $thumbnail.jpg

Jesus image from Roman catacombs, circa 400 A.D.:

$christ-catacombs-375.jpg

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, though, it's the likely reason for depictions of Jesus as a long blonde haired, blue-eyed Caucasian, instead of Semitic features-like those of most pre 700A.D. icons.

Merovingian King:

View attachment 17331

Jesus image from Roman catacombs, circa 400 A.D.:

View attachment 17332

Yep. Absolutely. In fact I have seen a couple of paintings where Jesus was made to look like that painting you posted.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean like the famous image done by Warner Sallman? Totally inaccurate, but a neat painting to see anyways
.$The_Head_of_Christ_by_Warner_Sallman_1941.jpg

Latest Discussions