Warriors Humility Vs. a beggars humility..

R

rmcrobertson

To echo a comment made by a teacher of mine years ago, I wish I could actually think--really think, not blather--about things too much.

Most of us intellectualize far too little.

R

rmcrobertson

Whoops, Carlos Casteneda. Didn't catch the reference at first. Ol' Casteneda, a grad student in anthropology, claimed that he'd gone south to do an structuralist study of Yaqui Indian mythology and magical practices, and gotten himself entangled with a sorcerer named Don Juan.

In about 15 books--very succesful, at first, made a lot of money--Casteneda claimed to be detailing his slow initiation into the practices of a warrior.

Junk, of course, but very entertaining.

Trent

Green Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
To echo a comment made by a teacher of mine years ago, I wish I could actually think--really think, not blather--about things too much.

Most of us intellectualize far too little.

I would agree that most people don't consider things deeply enough; however, of those who think they do it becomes mostly trite parroting, or something only tangentially related to the topic at hand and irrelevant-- hence the "blathering." :)

I enjoyed a few of Casteneda's books as well. It was later revealed that all of those books were fictional novels, and yes, mostly junk. Interesting nonetheless.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Trent said:
I enjoyed a few of Casteneda's books as well. It was later revealed that all of those books were fictional novels, and yes, mostly junk. Interesting nonetheless.

What did Castaneda have to say about that himself? Much of it was clearly fiction. However, I wonder how much of his claims are fiction, and if there was any material truth to what he wrote or claimed? Sources pleeze... :ultracool

Latest Discussions