Kansas City, MO. . .maists there?

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm thinking about relocating to KC and am wanting to know a bit about the area, and folks that might be available to train with. Also, if you've heard anything about "Combat Sports of Kansas City" i'd appreciate those comments, as well. Oh, and reflections on the university of mo.--kansas city.
Thanks all,

AJ

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There are lots of MA schools in KC. It's big city over a million people you can find what you want there.

UMKC is a very good school, I have many friends who have attended there.

Good Luck!

vincehardy3

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I currently reside in Omaha, Nebraska, which is 2.5 hours away from K.C. I travel there periodically for recreation, to visit friends, and to check-out the martial arts supply store. Is there a particular system of study that you are looking for? If you are into Kenpo then there is Oyata. I would say that he is the best that K.C. has to offer, plus I would venture to say that he is one of the top instructors in the country.

Have a good one, and welcome to the Midwest.

Vince

M

Mark Weiser

I would recommend goint to this site and search for Kenpo Schools in the area.

http://www.kenponet.com/

Additional note if your going thur Topeka about 45 minutes out of KC there are two schools of Kenpo here.

Steve Dollins at the Wynmor Family Fitness Center Tues and Thurs 7:30 pm

Myself on Fridays 7:00pm Garfield Community Center

Sincerely,
Mark E Weiser

OP
A

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, all, for your responses. I actually practice Muay Thai, and think I'm going to stick with that--tried the crossing over thing and it didn't work too well. But thanks for the heads-up, anyway!

AJ

Latest Discussions