Wakizashi for home defense?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um no, at close range (like in a house) you don't get much spread on your shot, you still have to aim, A 2" shot spread at 15' can easily miss.

Lamont

Actually it is closer to point and shoot, like Drac said. Much like pointing your finger. Anyone can point their finger with relative accuracy. If it were a pistol I would agree with you, but the longer barrel means that it is FAR easier to see if you are not pointing at the target. Short barrels take very little effort to pull them off target hence more shooting skill required. It really is all about angles (a little bit of geometry).

A shotgun at close range can be hip shot with pretty damn good accuracy, especially pointing at center of mass.

The down-side (very little) to that, is that the longer the barrel the longer it takes to bring it to bear on target in close quarter.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Actually it is closer to point and shoot, like Drac said. Much like pointing your finger. Anyone can point their finger with relative accuracy. If it were a pistol I would agree with you, but the longer barrel means that it is FAR easier to see if you are not pointing at the target. Short barrels take very little effort to pull them off target hence more shooting skill required. It really is all about angles (a little bit of geometry).

Different interpretation of his comments I guess, too many people think you'll get a 2 foot wide spray of shot out of a shotgun so you just have to "point and pull."

Lamont

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Different interpretation of his comments I guess, too many people think you'll get a 2 foot wide spray of shot out of a shotgun so you just have to "point and pull."

Lamont

No worries! :) They might get better spray with an improved cylinder barrel :rofl: Of course I have always liked mossberg with short improved cylinder barrel pistol grip pump and pistol grip stock with laser point, shooting slugs. With the laser sighted properly, it is HARD to miss. :rofl:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
And if seven 12 ga. Remington Solid Copper slugs don't do the trick you don't need a shotgun. You need a priest, garlic and holy water.

Hmm, with all the vampire, werewolf and zombie stuff these days maybe there's a market for the Remonstrance 12 ga. Solid Silver slug...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And if seven 12 ga. Remington Solid Copper slugs don't do the trick you don't need a shotgun. You need a priest, garlic and holy water.

Hmm, with all the vampire, werewolf and zombie stuff these days maybe there's a market for the Remonstrance 12 ga. Solid Silver slug...

Hey!!!!!

Latest Discussions