Vista & Browsing....ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Weird issue...have googled and found no "real" solution...
Vista installed on latest HP laptop; all the patches/updates...He gets a ssecond Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0 this of course confuses his system and he starts to get browsing issues; network shares, etc....I removed the TCP ver 6 (as that fixed some of my browsing issues) no luck....I have to delete the route and complete a ipconfig/renew and he is fine....

Some of the write ups talk of sleep/hybernation settings...have turned those all off....

He is 1 of 3 Vista machines currently in the office the others don't have this issue (all are latest HP laptops)....
Typically I would simply teach the user how to delete the rooute, etc.....He's our VP of IT and that isn't acceptable.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Are they all the same version of Vista?

If so which version are they?

If not which versions are they?

Networking how; wired or wireless?

So far my experience with Vista is limited and I am trying to keep it that way but Vista Business appears to be the best of the versions out there and Vista in general appears to be more wireless friendly and not really good wired.

One of the Vista home versions I recently dealt with was a nightmare and my recommendation was wipe it and go to XP and if that is not possible go to Vista Business.

But our testing of Vista Business on Laptops so far says it really does not like being wired to a network

OP
Jdokan

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Are they all the same version of Vista?

If so which version are they?

If not which versions are they?

Networking how; wired or wireless?

So far my experience with Vista is limited and I am trying to keep it that way but Vista Business appears to be the best of the versions out there and Vista in general appears to be more wireless friendly and not really good wired.

One of the Vista home versions I recently dealt with was a nightmare and my recommendation was wipe it and go to XP and if that is not possible go to Vista Business.

But our testing of Vista Business on Laptops so far says it really does not like being wired to a network

Thanks for the response...
All are Vista Business...We run both wired & wireless though I tend to keep my users off the wireless when they're in the office...running both can impact performance....
I agree...XP...we actually beta'd these machines knowing that eventually some big shot would HAVE to have Viasta (was that a slip....kinda sounds like disaster)...My team lead & I have had minimal issues with it...just the VP and that has been only recently...
He'll try to connect to a network share an the server won't be available...that's when I noticed the additional DG of 0000....
As I said earlier once I delete the route and renew his ipconfig he's fine......darnedest thing....

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If i would have machines around that came with vista business i wouldnt hesitate for a second converting them to XP machines.
Vista might not give issues straight away but they'll come after a while... :rolleyes:

It's so sad that i refuse to sell vista to my customers.
Anybody getting in the store and gets a talk towards vista is asked there it's needed for... guess what ; still no good use... ;)
XP is still the way to go ( when MS as os is needed ) and thanks to all the EEE machines it will remain that way :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If i would have machines around that came with vista business i wouldnt hesitate for a second converting them to XP machines.

That's what I did.

Prior to the new PCs when they were talking Vista I l literally told the powers that be that I would switch to Vista if they could take me in a fight.

I had no takers so I switched them all to XP :D

Latest Discussions