Video Training good or bad?

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I see at different websites and magazine that you can get all diferent kinds of tapes to help you train.
Wing chung tapes/ animal technique tapes, shaolin "secret master" techniques, etc, etc...
Do you use tapes/DVDs/books??
How useful are they?

Being that CMA are very complicated I think you do better having a teacher than trying to watch a dvd and learning applications. Maybe for someone who already knows a lot and purchases media to help them may receive some beenfit but to tohers I would think it would help.

CMA's are very difficult and I see that there is no substitute for a live person teaching you.

Am I wrong for thinking this way? Agree or disagree?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
Being that CMA are very complicated I think you do better having a teacher than trying to watch a dvd and learning applications. Maybe for someone who already knows a lot and purchases media to help them may receive some beenfit but to tohers I would think it would help.

CMA's are very difficult and I see that there is no substitute for a live person teaching you.

Am I wrong for thinking this way? Agree or disagree?

There are many discussions on the forums about this topic. You have hit the bullseye. Most people here would be in agreement with you.

Latest Discussions