Ustu, Usa Taekwondo

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you believe that the new USA TaeKwonDo will run things any better than its counterparts did and if so please explain. I'm hoping things will look up in the next couple of month will have to wit and see :asian:

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Terry,

I have also taken a "wait and see" approach. Since the organization appears to be concentrating on elite athletes, and not developing the sport from a grassroots perspective, I have not been too involved in the last year.

The renewal packet just came to the school this past week and I have been wrestling with whether I will renew. We did have our state organizational meeting (my unofficial minutes are posted at the "official" state website-www.michigantkd.com if you are experiencing insomnia) but I am not sure where that is going either. The good news is that we do have some folks who get their students together and train-I guess we are doing the grassroots development without the help of USA Taekwondo.

Miles

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles where are the minutes from your meeting went to the website could not find them Thanks Terry.

Also I agree I've been wrestling with the whole idea myself, on weather to join again or not.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How's it go, "a rose by another name..."

A name change accomplishes nothing and it certainly doesn't solve the problems the organizations been having. But, I hope they can straighten it out...

B

Black Belt FC

You may want to consider USTW for your taekwondo needs, they focus on the other 99% who just want to train and yes they do compete.

Check www.USTW.ORG
ustw_patch.gif

Latest Discussions