Usa Shaolin Temple

tigdra

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wanted to know if anyone on our forum trains at the USA Shaolin Temple in NY with Shifu Shi Yan-Ming.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
To my knowledge (admittedly limited) there is no "official" Shaolin Temple here in the USA as of yet... although there are 1st and 2nd wave monks who have set up schools in places such as NYC (as stated) and in California... using Shaolin in their schools name...

However, Shi De Li (the current Martial Abbott and head of the Kung Fu program at Shaolinsi) was here in the states a few months ago... ostensibly to scout out locations for an official USA temple... including one location here in Delaware (the old Episcopal Diocese property out in Centerville known as Oberod)...

Please understand, I'm in no way that Shi Yang-Min is NOT Shaolin... I'm simply stating that (again, to my knowledge) there is, as of yet, no official Shaolin Temple location here in the states...

Believe me though... if they DO come to Delaware... I'll be first in line to get my head shaved! :wink2:

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I do not train there but maybe this will help

Shi Yan-Ming is from Shaolin but he defected to the U.S in 1992 while on tour in the US.

He is the real deal from Shaolin and very skilled but as stated it is not the official USA Shaolin Temple as per the Shaolin Temple in China.

http://www.usashaolintemple.com/

Latest Discussions