Unusual (?) names for pets

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do your pets have different or unusual names?

At this moment we have 4 cats named:

Sir Thunderfoot ShadowchaserÂ… Thunder
AnimalÂ’s little bit of LoveÂ…Â…Â…Â…Â….Little Bit
Sir BlackthornÂ’s HarthfriendÂ…Â…Â….Blackie
Princess Patches Blue EyesÂ…Â…Â…Â…Patch

The two outside (wild) cats are just Scruffie and Spot with Big Gray showing up once in a while

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A pit bull named ZEN dose give one something to think about

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My cat's official name is ryeongi. Which is a Korean abbreviation for Cat...kind of like our kitty. So when we brought her back to the states, her name became Kitty. The other one's name is Elphie.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 165 lb. fila brasiliero. These dogs have an atavistic misrtrust of strangers, were used to hunt jaguars and runaway slaves in Brazil, and have a reputation of being just plain nasty, forget about pitbulls. I have to be very careful with him,and put him in the barn when we have company-though he knows to behave on-leash and out in public, and behaves well on the trails. I've been told, though, that if a burglar ever got around him he might, quite literally, eat the guy.

I call him Pooh-bear. :lfao:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I knew a lady whose extremely timid toy chihuahua was named "Matador."

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I knew a lady whose extremely timid toy chihuahua was named "Matador."
My brother and his wife had an American Chihuahua that they bought in Seoul named Komo Eagy (which supposedly means "little baby"). She was a sweetheart and love to go for a R-I-D-E. Which meant during the winter she had to run to the closet and get her sweater and was very helpful in getting it put on. Wonderful dog. She'll be missed.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have a springer/blue tick mix named Peco, which I'm told is Spanish for freckle. I often threaten my wife with the things I'm going to have made from his pelt if he eats just one more thing of mine (among the casualties: 2 Bluetooth headsets, several golf hats, a few pairs of pants that he's chewed buttons off of, and lately he's discovered how to sneak golf balls out of my bag).
We also have two female cats. Hanzo is named after the famous ninja Hattori Hanzo (the friend who gave us the cats thought she was a male). Hannya is named after a female Japanese demon. She's a true calico, so I think it's a fitting name. Of course, these two are more commonly known by their respective nicknames: Fat Kitty and ********.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Our German Shorthair Pointer's official name is 'Flower Creek Bleugras Jazz-Mine', but we just call her Ella as that is the name she came to us with.

We thought about changing her nickname to Flurry. Because she is easily excited and especially because she looks like an Oreo Flurry, but Ella fits her just fine.

I just googled her name and found that she is the grand dam of these little cuties:
http://www.sunupgsp.com/litter20041027F1.htm

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just remembered a friend of mine from years ago had a cat named Phido

He even had a rather large dog house out back with the name Phido over the entrance... although Phido was not actually that big

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We used to have a couple of muts names Spam and Jabba the Mutt. I had a cat names Zeus as a kid. My favorite is my brother's black and white dog he named Red.

Pet names should make you smile IMO.

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have two lovely cats - my pride and joy.

The first is a Russian Blue named.....Vodka (what else can you call a russian?)

And his brother is a grey and white domestic named Moscow.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have two lovely cats - my pride and joy.

The first is a Russian Blue named.....Vodka (what else can you call a russian?)

And his brother is a grey and white domestic named Moscow.

I had a white and black cat named Whiskey. :idunno::bangahead:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had a little JRT we named Moose. He was the largest pup in the litter, an alpha male that thought he was a pitbull. Now I have a German Shepherd named Zeus and my daughter's beagle is Nero. My son used to have a brown mouse he named Jerry. ;)
I love the cat named Meatball. :D

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i have a dog named captain whats-his-name, & a cat named lynyrd skynyrd. but we just call him lynny.

jf

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My dog's name is Firewall. Cuz his purpose is to protect my stuff and keep out intruders.