Ufc70, 4/19/07

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I definately am looking forward to it.
icon6.gif

Me too bad we are so far away this is a beer drinker night and pizza.

OP
Sensei Tom O'Brien

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
My apologies. You guys are right it airs on the 21st, 9pm on Sike TV so it's free, good news for us.
Thanks,
Sensei Tom

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big forum arguments here are usually between the supporters of Cage Rage and Cagewarriors, some of it gets very funny at times! The UFC isn't regarded I think here as much as it is in the States. We have a good many very good shows here and even more good fighters, I would even suggest by comparison the UFC is a little boring at times! the excitement of the UFc coming here is a bit muted really and it's not the first time it's been here. The last one in London's Albert Hall wasn't a sell out by any means. It may have been the tickets were too expensive as they are again this time. Average ticket prices for shows here are £20-40, the UFC I believe are selling for £100 upwards for not very good seats.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The big forum arguments here are usually between the supporters of Cage Rage and Cagewarriors, some of it gets very funny at times! The UFC isn't regarded I think here as much as it is in the States. We have a good many very good shows here and even more good fighters, I would even suggest by comparison the UFC is a little boring at times! the excitement of the UFc coming here is a bit muted really and it's not the first time it's been here. The last one in London's Albert Hall wasn't a sell out by any means. It may have been the tickets were too expensive as they are again this time. Average ticket prices for shows here are £20-40, the UFC I believe are selling for £100 upwards for not very good seats.

Yet the UFC is now the pinnacle of MMA events. (at least for the moment) With the purchase of Pride and the ability to mix and match the best fighter's the UFC is really, really strong at the moment. The quality of fighter's coming to the UFC has been on the rise for the last few years and seems to be even more on the upswing. (They are getting the best now)

Let us all hope though thtat Cage Rage and CageWarriors grow and can compete with the UFC as that is definately good for all of us viewer's!
icon14.gif

It is also good for the growth of the sport as more fighter's get a chance than if there are only a couple of major sanctioning bodies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cagewarriors isn't progressing too much at the moment Dougie Truman the owner is in nick!
Yes London Pancrase! http://www.pancraselondon.com/news/2007-04-17.html Jess' interview on being in UFC. I like Jess, he really deserves this chance.( he's also quite sexy and fit lol!)

OP
Sensei Tom O'Brien

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here are the results:
Paul Taylor Wins by Technical Knock Out at 0:37 in the 3rd round .
Jess Liaudin Wins by Submission at 1:21 in the 1st round by arm bar.
Alessio Sakara Wins by Technical Knock Out at 1:44 in the 1st round .
Junior Assuncao Wins by Submission in the 2nd round by rear naked choke.
Terry Etim Wins by Submission at 4:48 in the 1st round by guillotine choke.
Cheick Kongo Wins by Majority Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .
Andrei Arlovski Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .
Michael Bisping Wins by Technical Knock Out at 1:40 in the 2nd round .
Lyoto Machida Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .
Gabriel Gonzaga Wins by Knock Out at 4:51 in the 1st round by head kick.
Thanks,
Sensei Tom

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Results from Cage Rage. what may amuse the TMA people (like me too) is how Abdul Mohamed won his fight! Abdul, a really nice guy is usually known for his wrestling.

smiley.gif
Cage Rage 21 - results (from Sherdog)
Quote: Xavier Foupa- Pokam defeated Tom Watson by Submission (Triangle/Kimura) N/A
Alex Owen defeated Brad Pickett by Decision (Majority) rd3 5:00
Cyrille Diabate defeated Ryan Robinson by Submission (Armbar) rd1 1:15
Abdul Mohamed defeated Ross Pointon by KO (Spinning Back Fist) rd1 3:20
Paul Daley defeated Paul Jenkins by Submission (Punch to the Body) rd2 0:41
Mark Epstein defeated Roman Webber by KO (Punch) rd1
Mark Weir defeated Daijiro Matsui by Decision (Unanimous) rd3 5:00
Murilo Rua defeated Alex Reid by TKO (Cut on the Shin) rd1 0:28
James Zikic defeated Evangelista Santos by Decision 3 5:00
Vitor Belfort defeated Ivan Serati by TKO (Punches) rd1
Gary Turner defeated David Abbott by TKO (Punches) rd1 2:31​

Latest Discussions