UFC: UFC 97 Redeption results

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Anderson Silva defeats Thales Leites via decision in a snoozefest, Mauricio Shogun Rua knocks out Chuck Liddell in the first round, and more as UFC 97 goes down in Montreal, Canada.

More...
The hardest hitting UFC news from MMARingReport.com

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok I just watched the fights.

Chuck Liddell is done in the UFC.
I do want to know what folks are taking on him accepting another fighting with another organization? Over/under 7 months? What will you take?

Silva fight wasn't that great. Leites doesn't have the stand up to go toe to toe with Silva. It showed and Silva was smart not to try and engage him on the ground.

Silva hasn't looked great when he takes on opponents who are cautious and waiting for the champ to bring the fight to them. (Cote &Leites)

Silva looks best when he takes on guys who like to get in and bang. (everyone else he has fought) Dana says he is looking to move Silva to 205 for his next fight and put him against someone who is a serious threat. That will be interesting to see who that person would be. I am sure they can find someone who will want to bang as opposed to sit and be cautious against him.

His last 2 fights were against guys who were no real threat and it showed in his performance. They were cautious and Silva wasn't going to bring the fight to him which is smart. You want the belt you have to go after it.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bye Bye Icaman it was a great run, go and train younger athletes to replace you. Please GOD put Silva at 205 and let see if he is really that good.

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Silva hasn't looked great when he takes on opponents who are cautious and waiting for the champ to bring the fight to them. (Cote &Leites)

Silva looks best when he takes on guys who like to get in and bang. (everyone else he has fought) Dana says he is looking to move Silva to 205 for his next fight and put him against someone who is a serious threat. That will be interesting to see who that person would be. I am sure they can find someone who will want to bang as opposed to sit and be cautious against him.

His last 2 fights were against guys who were no real threat and it showed in his performance. They were cautious and Silva wasn't going to bring the fight to him which is smart. You want the belt you have to go after it.
It's for those very same reasons why his stock as a fan favorite is dropping. Now I don't know how strong Cote or Leites chins are, but I would've rather seen Silva go out there and take them out early rather than have fights than were lackluster and go the distance.

Almost everyone loves a good war in the ring, and a lot of folks can appreciate and respect a quick knock-out. However, nobody likes fights that drag, and those are what can affect a fighter's status with the fans.

Latest Discussions