UFC Fight Night on Spike TV!

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rashad Evans just won! Yes everyone he is a Michigan State guy. The other guy who got knocked out with a head kick was an Ohio State guy. Rashad is slowly moving up the chart and probably will get a title shot very, very soon.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously though when the interviewed Rashad the other guy was still out so I hope that he is okay. (it is just a sport after all)

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously though when the interviewed Rashad the other guy was still out so I hope that he is okay. (it is just a sport after all)

Yes, I noticed that. I hope he is alright. I would hate to hear about a serious injury. It wouldn't bode well for UFC either.

This next show should be interesting.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I missed the second hour, but the first was ok... the second fight, the heavy weights, was quite boring actually.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rashad Evans just won! Yes everyone he is a Michigan State guy. The other guy who got knocked out with a head kick was an Ohio State guy. Rashad is slowly moving up the chart and probably will get a title shot very, very soon.

Yea he has a very nice roundhouse wonder if he took some kicking lesson from are on MSUTKD you know he teaches TKD there and also some other classes

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea he has a very nice roundhouse wonder if he took some kicking lesson from are on MSUTKD you know he teaches TKD there and also some other classes

I would not know Terry but he certainly has improved his game in the last year or so from being just a wrestler to incorportating striking with his hands and feet. That was a really good fight!

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ok, break down:

Heath Herring- overrated or what?
Ed Herman- nice move from a rear naked choke attempt to an arm bar, that was fast
Rashad Evans- one of the greatest rounds to the head I have ever seen, the guy was out before he hit the canvas, I think he might still be out
Spencer Fisher- a little disappointing for someone who was suppose to be one of the top contenders

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think so. The guy is whining about fighting on the ground. Thats a big part of MMA! You need to be able to deal with that... the guy may be a great striker, but we did not see much of it during his fight.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, break down:

Ed Herman- nice move from a rear naked choke attempt to an arm bar, that was fast
Rashad Evans- one of the greatest rounds to the head I have ever seen, the guy was out before he hit the canvas, I think he might still be out
Spencer Fisher- a little disappointing for someone who was suppose to be one of the top contenders

Hey slow down kid, that was heath Herrings first fight in the UFC!!...you know sometime when you watch your team play football and they play a bad game and you wonder what the hell they're doing???..... it doesnt mean that they're a bad team!just wasnt they're night nor was it Herrings.

I havent seen the rest so i cant comment....glad to here Ed Herman won.

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey slow down kid, that was heath Herrings first fight in the UFC!!...you know sometime when you watch your team play football and they play a bad game and you wonder what the hell they're doing???..... it doesnt mean that they're a bad team!just wasnt they're night nor was it Herrings.

I havent seen the rest so i cant comment....glad to here Ed Herman won.

I have never seen him fight, all I heard was how good he was and the only guys he lost to were the cream of the crop out of Pride. I was not impressed, but that is why I was asking was that just a off night and the pressure got to him, has he lost it, or did he just really never have it?

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Herring just got paired up with someone who was a difficult matchup for him. O'Brien was able to get Herring down and then move to a dominant position. Once there O'Brien did nothing to really win the fight. (nor did Herring) If O'Brien had been really opening up once in a dominant position then their would have been space to work with. Instead he pretty much got a position and did not force it. It was a smart move on his part because I do not believe he has very good submission skills at this point. I think Herring was upset because he wanted a fight where there was alot of action and that did not occur here. That being said neither fighter impressed me at all.

Latest Discussions