Ufc 83

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here are my picks and reminder not to bet on my picks. I can't pick between Matt Serra & GSP because I know people in both camps, so I can't win.

UFC 83: APRIL 19, 2008 IN CANADA
venue: Bell Centre in Montreal

Main Card Bouts:
-Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
-Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
-Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes
-Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
-Mac Danzig vs. Mark Bocek

Preliminary Bouts:
-Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen
-Sam Stout vs. Rich Clementi
-Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Jonathan Goulet
-Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day

-Cain Velasquez vs. Brad Morris
-Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia

Thanks,
Tom

PictonMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I will be very, very, very surprised if GSP doesn't own Serra like he did Hughes and Koscheck. I wouldn't want to be Serra going into this fight.

I'm with you on all of your picks except Stout vs Clementi.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of those cards where all the other fights are pretty meaningless. Everyone is waiting for GSP vs. Serra.
icon6.gif
I think
GSP will dominate as I feel he was caught napping last time.
icon6.gif

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is one of those cards where all the other fights are pretty meaningless. Everyone is waiting for GSP vs. Serra.
icon6.gif
I think
GSP will dominate as I feel he was caught napping last time.
icon6.gif

I agree. GSP didn't prepare well for their first fight, and I think got up in the whole idea of being champion and celebrated a little too much. I think the fight will be over in the first round.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be honest i dont think its true that GSP didnt train for the fight, i think he trained just as hard for that fight that he did foe every other fight he has had, i think what we need to remember is that even the best in the world can get caught and thats all that happened to gsp he got caught and got dropped.

I think this time he will give Matt Serra less space, i think he will increase the pace on Serra from the get go.....i dont think it will be a long fight.

I look forward to seeing Bisping at middle weight, he was not as big as some of the other light heavyweights this could be a good weight for him....although with Silva at the top of the game with no one even seeming like they can get near him ( i have even heard romours that Silva wants to have a boxing match with roy jones jr ?!?!? ) i dont think bisping would be a champion at this weight.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure Serra will be owned by GSP. However I don't like his chances if he keeps it standing again as I believe Serra caught him unawares. I'm not sure GSP realised Serra could bang so well. Serra is an exceptional grappler so should look at trying to get it to the ground.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see this going to the ground as well and GSP beating Serra there as well. What Odin said was true in that anyone can get caught on any given day. The other fight was Serra's day but I am betting it does not happen again this weekend.
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions