TUF 10 talk: Jensen's trip to la-la land

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
10-28-2009 10:50 AM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-98755733-1256741156.jpg
Zak Jensen is Cagewriter's guest blogger during TUF 10

Going into Episode 6, Team Rashad was 5-0 and Team Rampage&rsquo;s morale was down. We just had our most experienced fighter, Wes Sims, choked out by the youngest guy in the house, Justin Wren. Ever since the first fight, Team Rampage has been on a slippery slope with no end in sight. Not only are we losing, but our head coach leaves us alone on the Octagon floor until Rashad and his coaches come across the cage. It happened again with Wes Sims after his loss to Justin Wren.

Before my fight, Wes continues where left off last week. He&rsquo;s seen that his feeble, infantile attempts to bother me have had no effect, so he switches it up. He goes for the story of me sniffing his shorts. James McSweeney chimes in and calls me weird. I don&rsquo;t know what I did to Wes for him to direct his immaturity towards me but I just laugh it off and try to focus on the goal at hand. That was made even harder with the introduction of the &ldquo;When will Jensen crack calendar.&rdquo;

Everyone thought I was going to get picked and it happened, I&rsquo;m matched up against Darrill Schoonover. When Rashad picks Darrill, Rampage made the titties remark again and Darrill responds just like anyone would have. After our face off, we shook hands Rampage and Darrill went at it, Rashad had to get in the middle. I walked away because it was childish and stupid.

We got to the training session and I was sparring with Wes Shivers. Nearing the end of the practice I was tired and Rampage was "coaching" me by saying get mad and other nonsense. Because of the lackluster final round with Wes, I had to do one more with Coach Tom. As you all saw it didn&rsquo;t turn out too well. I got cut and Kimbo Slice rejoiced like an ***.

I got stitches and then at the next practice continued to train. I didn&rsquo;t let the cut bother me. It&rsquo;s nice to see people&rsquo;s true colors and what they think of you. Tiki Ghosn had no faith but Junior and Hector said they thought I&rsquo;d be fine to fight and that I had heart.

Darrill&rsquo;s training focused on his stand up and breaking me. He was instructed to push me against the cage, knee my legs and dirty box. Darrill got focused and stopped drinking when the coaches asked him to. I like Darrill, he&rsquo;s the kinda guy who comes to fight every time.

At the weigh-ins, Darrill and Rampage got into it again. After the altercation, I went up to Darrill and said forget all the [expletive] and let&rsquo;s just have a good fight. Rampage and Tiki thought it would be funny to write &ldquo;Titties&rdquo; on Darrill's name on his locker-room door. It was ridiculous. The damn &ldquo;Team Cocky&rdquo; picture was funny but it got to the point where the pranks were getting more planning than the fights.

At the start of the fight, me and Darrill wasted no time and started going at each other. He had fast hands. I wasn&rsquo;t stunned by any of his shots but they just kept coming. I saw an open shot for a takedown so I took it. I drove up the single leg, tripped him and then landed in his guard. He went for a triangle but it wasn&rsquo;t tight. My brain stopped working, I stayed in a bad situation too long. It got tighter and tighter but I kept fighting and then I just drifted off to la-la land.

Once again Rampage didn&rsquo;t enter the cage to tend to his fallen fighter. All Rampage did was give me the stink eye and when we were back in the locker room said, "You just gave him $5,000, how does that feel?"

The only highlight I got from the episode was the funny nickname Kimbo gave me. He said "If Shrek had a little brother he would look like Jensen, and his name would be Lenderman." It was funny since one Halloween in college at Northern Illinois, I actually was Shrek.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions