Trivia

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Coca-Cola was originally green. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It is impossible to lick your elbow. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. What State has the highest percentage of people who walk to work? A. Alaska ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...) The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38% ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. What occurs more often in December than any other month? A. Conception. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what? A. Their birthplace ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? A. To one thousand ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common? A. All invented by women. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil? A. Honey ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. There are more collect calls on what day than any other day of the year? A. Father's Day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. What trivia fact about Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) is the most ironic? A. He was allergic to carrots. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q. What activity is performed by 40% of all people at a party? A. Snooping in the hosts' medicine cabinet. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase "goodnight, sleep tight". ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them mind their own pints and quarts and settle down. It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's" ~~~~~~~~~~~AND FINALLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!

A

Andi

Hehehe, good stuff. But...

Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? A. To one thousand

umm....one hundred and one....:confused:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
I didn't proofread the math hahaaa.. just copied and pasted~!!! :)
Good catch :)

Gee Tess, you never know that evil Moderator of the Humor section might have jsut edited out the rest.

Just a thought :D

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Gee Tess, you never know that evil Moderator of the Humor section might have jsut edited out the rest.

Just a thought :D

*Bows down or curtsies... errr something like that to the Evil Moderator of the Humor Section :asian:
*giggling under my hand*

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the proper way to say 101 is 'one hundred one', leaving out the 'and'.

At least it was way back when I was in grade school :p

Cthulhu

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
*Bows down or curtsies... errr something like that to the Evil Moderator of the Humor Section :asian:
*giggling under my hand*

* Joins Tess in the Laughter *

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the proper way to say 101 is 'one hundred one', leaving out the 'and'.

You are correct, sir. If I remember way back when attention to detail was still part of the grade school curriculum the "and" denotes a decimal point. One hundred and one would be 100.1

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
Did you know that 50% of the world's people have below average intelligence? Pretty scary huh?

Did you know that half of the doctors out there graduated in the bottom half of their class? :eek: :rolleyes:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you know that the number thirty seven times any number divisble by three will give you:
37X3 = 111
37x6 = 222
37x9 = 333

And so on?

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Old Fat Kenpoka
Did you know that 50% of the world's people have below average intelligence? Pretty scary huh?

And there I was thinking I was one in a million :wah: