Trivia and obscure facts

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
You can become immune to scorpion venom. Catch a centipede, and discard its head. Mash the rest, and then scratch your arm and wipe a bit of the juice on the scratch.
yes...lemme go right out and do that...

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yes it may be advisable.. specially with Mr. C. coming up next month.. prolly would bring a real scorpion if I asked him to~!! *wicked smile*

Ginger has been clinically demonstrated to work twice as well as dramamine for fighting motion sickness, with no side effects.

Echinacea and Zinc Gluconate are the only things demonstrated to help you get over colds faster -- and head them off, if you can catch them soon enough. Although it doesn't prevent colds, Vitamin C works as an antihistamine, without side effects if it's buffered. Make sure the echinacea smells really fresh; if it's stale it might not help. (Cheaper brands are more likely to be fresh!)

C

Chrono

Being a Math/Computer Science major I'm sure I can contribute to this.

Next time someone let's you on a break or something, tell them you want pi^2(whicnh = 9.89) or e^3/2(which = 10.04) minute break.

Whenever you want to tell somebody you want a bowl, tell them you want a z = x^2 + y^2.

Or, whenever you want a cone, tell them you want a z^2 = x^2 + y^2 with z being between 0 to 4.

Fun stuff, I swear.

A

Akula

One of my favorites, still on the math theme, is when asked to pick a number between 1 and 10, say pi.

C

Chrono

Akula said:
One of my favorites, still on the math theme, is when asked to pick a number between 1 and 10, say pi.
e works well with that, too.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Raisin said:
bignick said:
off the top of my head...an electron travels about 2/3 the speed of light in copper...10% of all humans ever born are alive today...can't sneeze with your eyes open(no your eyeballs won't fly out)...somBruce lee's left leg was shorter than his right, and he was extremely near sighted...and had an undescended testicle...

i had to look some of these up:

Female black widow spiders eat their males after mating.

Why cant we humans do that!!!!
Female Black Widows only eat their mate if they happen to be hungry, and I highly doubt that there was no wine before 2,500 BC. :asian:
Sean

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You burn aprox 8 calories using 2 hands to unhook a womans bra...

But up to 87 calories if you unhook it with your mouth.

:)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...and this was a scientific clinical trial where you discovered this...and obviously it had to have repeated trials...all in the name of science. :D

C

Chrono

Technopunk said:
You burn aprox 8 calories using 2 hands to unhook a womans bra...

But up to 87 calories if you unhook it with your mouth.
Is that the same for panties?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
good question...back to the labs...this may require more research...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I suppose you're gonna need subjects to remove them from, no?

I'd like to see a demonstration of these calorie burners.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
any ladies interested in helping further the sphere of human knowledge please private message me for further details on this grand experiment...

:ultracool:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I'd like to see a demonstration of these calorie burners.
I would not mind at all to be a part of this grand experiment to help further understand human metabolism. :D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
I would not mind at all to be a part of this grand experiment to help further understand human metabolism. :D

Really? Youd let some guy take a bra off you with his teeth? Ewwwww.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And on that same note...

If one wishes to burn all the calories from pizza, he/she ought to make passionate love in the course of 26 minutes. A French kiss, which lasts for 53 minutes is capable of burning the amount of fat that one gets after consuming a bag of French fries and a hamburger. 15 minutes of oral sex "eliminates" a glass of wine.

Thats from this article:

26 Minutes of Love For a Slice of Pizza

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
And on that same note...

If one wishes to burn all the calories from pizza, he/she ought to make passionate love in the course of 26 minutes. A French kiss, which lasts for 53 minutes is capable of burning the amount of fat that one gets after consuming a bag of French fries and a hamburger. 15 minutes of oral sex "eliminates" a glass of wine.

Thats from this article:

26 Minutes of Love For a Slice of Pizza
...makes me think about all the light beer wars...if something has like six calories...you can burn that standing at the bar..

Latest Discussions