Tournaments You've Gone To

Hajime

White Belt
Reaction score
What are some of the biggest tournaments you gone to? How were they conducted? What placement did you get?

South Florida Karate Klassic(even though it was mostly tdk?) - Not to well organized, it took forever to get the tournament off the ground.
3rd Place Patterns, 3rd Place Sparring. ITF style tournament

Chi Taekwon-Do Tournament - Much better the the klassic, it began very promptly and the upper ranks got to go first, which was really nice. I was bumped into the 1st Dan division even though I was a black-stripe.
1st Place Patterns, 2nd Place Sparring, 2nd Place Breaking

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
Summer Grand Nationals August 2005 (i think that's the year). 14th place in weapons division.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
U.S Open and Nationals, back twenty five years ago we had alot of what they called the big show you know International events where you was the best of the best. But really you are only the best of those that are there.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Long time ago, Dallas and Shrevport. Nothing professional but lots of fun.

Deaf

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
AAU national championships in '06 - did forms (bronze) and point sparring (gold).

Need to get back again, but I don't have the time to dedicate to sparring like I should.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
US Open in 2004 and AKA Grand Nationals in 2004-2007.

In US Open I placed 8th out 12 in traditional 5th out 10 in Weapons

In 2004 I placed 4th in Trad, 6th in Weapons
In 2005 I placed 4th in Trad, 3rd in Weapons, 2nd in Creative (only 2 of us.ha.ha.ha.)
In 2006 I placed 5th in Trad 2nd in Weapons, 2nd in Creative (this time there was 3)
In 2007 I placed 3rd in Trad, 2nd in Weapons and 2nd in Creative

US Open was ran pretty well considering the amount of competitors. AKA Grands was ran very well...started on time finished on time and had great evening show.