Tournament sponsors

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. My school will be hosting it's first ever tournament next summer and we have a few business' that are interested in sponsoring. For those of you who have run a tournament with sponsors before what do you offer your sponsors?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience, sponsors typically get listing in programs, maybe advertising space for banners or booths if there's a midway/shops strip at the tournament. There are often a couple of tiers, so more money generally equals more prominence in the program or on site.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Basically, it is advertising, it depends on your location and typical advertising format. With the prevalence of social media these days, we use it as part of the promotional platform. The best example I can think of is NHRA drag racing (because I love it). Every card is plastered with sponsors stickers and logos. We have banners we reuse every year, but we also have a graphics shop make up smaller sponsor banners to go alongside.
We promote our tournaments locally in online and in print and include the major sponsors.
Beyond that, we don't 'offer' much. More for fun, some of the sponsors have done some promotional spots during the tourneys.
In reciprocity, circuit tournament competitors wear gear from manufacturers sponsors.

Latest Discussions