Total Noob Old Guy

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all:

I am a total noob both here and to any martial arts. 61 years old in reasonably good shape, especially for someone my age. I currently weight train and ride road bicycle along with some other sport specific training. I have recently started doing some Muay Thai inspired conditioning training to guided videos and will have my second Muay Thai gym session tonight.

I am not really sure where I will end up but Krav Maga seems like a natural direction for me, providing I can find a good Krav gym in my area.

I just signed up to this forum and have not had the chance to read any tagged posts and information yet and will get to them later tonight as I continue to walk this journey.

I appreciate any guidance y'all can provide.

Thank you.

Mark

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all:

I am a total noob both here and to any martial arts. 61 years old in reasonably good shape, especially for someone my age. I currently weight train and ride road bicycle along with some other sport specific training. I have recently started doing some Muay Thai inspired conditioning training to guided videos and will have my second Muay Thai gym session tonight.

I am not really sure where I will end up but Krav Maga seems like a natural direction for me, providing I can find a good Krav gym in my area.

I just signed up to this forum and have not had the chance to read any tagged posts and information yet and will get to them later tonight as I continue to walk this journey.

I appreciate any guidance y'all can provide.

Thank you.

Mark
welcome, there's more than a few old fogies on here, that MT metabolic training is a killer, I did one I found on you tube and has to calm it down for the next time

OP
R

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
welcome, there's more than a few old fogies on here, that MT metabolic training is a killer, I did one I found on you tube and has to calm it down for the next time
Thank you Jobo. I am doing the Core de Force videos from Beachbody. Really good full body and cardio workouts. It helps teach strike techniques as well. Hands, elbows, knees and feet/shins. Looking forward to learning more from all of you.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk RacecityUSA.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, look forward to chatting.

OP
R

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome. Had my second gym session with my Muay Thai Kru last night. It went well and we saw a little progress. I will keep working and trying to learn.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT RacecityUSA. You will find lots of information and helpful people here.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. You'll find a lot of old people here, which is clearly defined as everyone older than the person talking about old people. We're pretty strict about that on here, so don't mess it up: everyone older than you is old. You're never old, unless someone younger than you is talking about you. In my case, you're old. But not nearly as old as some of the curmudgeonly wrinkly folks who've already posted in this thread.

Oh, and everyone younger than you is a "whippersnapper", and needs to get offa your lawn. Dang it.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. You'll find a lot of old people here, which is clearly defined as everyone older than the person talking about old people. We're pretty strict about that on here, so don't mess it up: everyone older than you is old. You're never old, unless someone younger than you is talking about you. In my case, you're old. But not nearly as old as some of the curmudgeonly wrinkly folks who've already posted in this thread.

Oh, and everyone younger than you is a "whippersnapper", and needs to get offa your lawn. Dang it.
This.

And the definition of a Country Mile is as far as you can hit a golf ball. I just thought that might be useful.

Latest Discussions