Top Chef

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here watch Top Chef on Bravo?

I usually hate reality shows cause they are so far from reality it isn't even funny, but Bravo was running its current season of Top Chef back to back this weekend and I got sucked in. It was actually kind of interesting the challenges they had and thedishes they made. In one episode they had to create comfort food withatwist, something for TGI Fridays, a hard concept for several of them as they work in fine dining establishments not a TGI Friday's type restaraunt. In another they had to come up with a main dish, side and dessert but the combined meal under 500 calories for kids at a weight loss camp. It is just interesting seeing the food they come up with and new ways of doing things and combining things. It was actually really interesting...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes I do and I like it, it is well done and has alot of interestingcooking going on

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was sucked in last season, and remain so... On last season there was a guy from(I believe?)Australia, and he was a martial artist. I don't recall him mentioning his system, but his movements looked VERY kenpoish!!! He had somewhat of an abrasive personality, and did'nt last long. What amazes me about this show. Is how quickly(see Quickfire) the Chefs are able to cobble together a dish out of nothing. I guess its like kenpo. The more you practice, the faster(better?) you get!

1stJohn1:9

OP
Ping898

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What amazes me about this show. Is how quickly(see Quickfire) the Chefs are able to cobble together a dish out of nothing.

Not only cobble together but cobble together something that looks good and interesting and makes you want to try it. On one quick challenge this season they all had to go to a vending machine, but like 2 or three things and make something that was meant to be like a teaser and one of them did this really interesting thing with doritos and I think some chicken salad and a few other things.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
My point exactly... They not only do it fast, it looks very,very edible! On season one. The canidates had to pick items from a gas station store,ughhh. Then after they manage to put something together. The judges act like, why is'nt this under glass, you cretons??!! Oh, and I beleive the guy from the 1st season was Kenneth from Ireland. I still was'nt able to get any info regarding his m.a..
1stJohn1:9