Yang_Chengfu_yang_style.jpg

Yang Chengfu - Yang Taijiquan

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some questions are just that.

And, sometimes, they have absolutely nothing to do with an answer.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue, the grass is always greener elsewhere. Except that often times it is not.

True, been there and done that, more than once. However I a fairly certain this is not one of those times, this is thinking about what I can maintain from this point in my life onward. Sadly Clint Eastwood, in Dirty Harry was right,

"A mans got to know his limitations"

But then I also feel Bruce Lee was correct when he said

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

But then he was not dealing with Arthritis either. Add to this that I am 100% certain there is no better martial art for me than Xingyiquan and taking that a step further I have seen Shanxi Xingyi and trained Hebei and Shang and my recent exposure to Wudang Xingyi has convinced me this is the Xingyi for me. But can I maintain it, "That is the question". Hebei, the way I train it, was hard enough, Wudang is harder.

That is where I am on this.

Last edited:

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

I think that in order to get off the plateau, yes, we go up, but nobody said we couldn't turn left. :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I think that in order to get off the plateau, yes, we go up, but nobody said we couldn't turn left. :D

I like that, and that is a good way to think about it too...thanks

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm currently much closer to

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

At this moment....

spent the weekend training Wudang Xingyi and Dachengquan

Latest Discussions