TKD Weapons?

Langdow

Green Belt
Reaction score
What are some of the weapons learned in KSW? Is KSW influenced by Hapkido, or is it vice versa? What is some of the history of the KSW development? I know lots of questions but now I'm really curious. Oh BB is the begining is the same in TKD, that's someone familar with basics. I like the idea behind that, glad there's more who think that :)

Thx in advance

Cheers :cheers:

jkn75

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What is Kuk Sool? Here is a start. Explore some of the history sections and it pretty much explains Kuk Sool. At some point the founder of hapkido and kuk sool trained together.

To clarify, some of the weapons like the pole which I think refers to Staff or the long staff. The long staff is 8-10 feet long whereas the staff is the standard length. The folding I think refers to the fan which is used either open or closed. The 24 Traditional Royal Court weapons are not all listed and I have yet to see all 24 weapons. But new weapons are being added, including archery and knife throwing.

Grandmaster Suh has done a book with Jane Hallander called 'The Fighting Weapons of Korean Martial Arts' that explains some weapons from Korea. It also demonstrates the Kuk Sool sword and staff forms.:asian:

Latest Discussions