Timing is everything

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was going over Four Corner/Directions throw the other night at class,when I found myself continually having problems with my partner wanting to fall backwards onto me. A bit embarrassing. :erg:

This technique is one I've been doing for years..and one would think I should have no problems at all executing it with my eyes closed,backwards,etc..but we all have our "off" days,yes?

So..I took a minute to say "WTH?"..and realized I was hitting the inner elbow PP a bit too soon which was effectively twisting him up too much,which in turn was making the execution of the technique a bit messier then acceptable. Bleh.:whip:

After I realized that particular bit,I laid off the PP until I was into proper position,then executed the PP..voila..no problem. Nice,flowing Four Corner.

All that to say this: Is the timing in technique stressed at your school, not only the necessary "How"...but the equally important "When" as well?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
In Bowling if yo bowl 'almost perfect' you get 90 points. If you bowl 'pefect' you get 300 points. There's a big difference between doing something 'almost perfect' and 'perfect'

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Brother, It happens to us all. No worries, at least you were self correcting. That is why you are cool.