Thundercats Movie Trailer

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Huh? Wha?? Wait... wait just ONE minute here...
There's something VERY familiar about all of this.... :uhyeah:

[yt]fb50GMmY5nk[/yt]

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like the Broadway cast of Cats...cool effects though! I didn't get the joke until I saw Brad Pitt.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, now that's cool.

Spliced together and edited footage from Troy, Chronicles of Riddick, Lexx? and what else?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ok, now that's cool.

Spliced together and edited footage from Troy, Chronicles of Riddick, Lexx? and what else?
I saw elements from those, as well as Aliens, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, X-men, Spy Kids 2, Garfield, the new version of Planet of The Apes, Stargate (movie), Galaxy Quest, and Highlander (Kurgan). That's on first and second pass... there were a number of others that I didn't see or recognize.
Yeah it was nicely done. Kinda spun your head around at first didn't it? Heh...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the SciFi channel show with the Peacekeepers and Moya, the living spaceship? The selection for Cheetara was from that one...

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Who cares Thundercats was one of my favorite cartoons growing up as a kid. I wish it was real. Liked how Tygra was hugh jackman. HAHA! Actually that wouldn't be a bad cast........Maybe one day. It'd be great if it was done right! ANyways, I guess we can all hope though huh......

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the SciFi channel show with the Peacekeepers and Moya, the living spaceship? The selection for Cheetara was from that one...
Farscape! That's what I was looking for!

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow!
Someone did a great job on that.
It's funny this came up. Earlier today, I saw that Comcast had put the first 4 episodes of Thundercats for free under the On Demand Kids section. I introduced my kids to the show and they loved it.
The 80's had the coolest toys and cartoons.

AoG

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I had all the star wars, rocky, g.i. joe, and the initial transformer stuff. I didn't get into the Voltron, He-Man, or any of the post 84 stuff. I still hung onto the Scooby Doo, Spiderman, Xmen, Batman and Robin, Superman, and the Justice League stuff. Yep, nothing really compared to G-Force.

I did like the trailer, it was cool. I couldn't see the "big name" actors doing it though. I think I saw one or two episodes.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow they did a really nice job of editing and reworking all those movies.
icon6.gif

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Apparently they thought so too... hence they disclaimer at the end.

Yeah, well, I'm glad that they did. Cause when I first saw the clip I was getting all excited, "ThunderCats, oh man! This'll be a great movie!!!!" then at the end of the video, "Ah crap! Still it was good. They should make a ThunderCats movie." But I digress.....

Latest Discussions