Thinking of joining a combat Shuai Chiao school,is it good for real self defence?

jwmims

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am thinking of joining a combat Shuai Chiao school,it is close and the price i can afford,what do you all think of this style of MA?Is it good for real life self defense?I would really like to hear what you think of this style or anything you can share about this style.Cheers,
James

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually I really do not think there is any need for the word "Combat" in front of Shuaijiao...it is considered a sports MA but it is damn nasty when done correctly. Basically you are hitting the other guy with the biggest thing you can find....the earth. A throw in Shuaijiao to me is harder on the other guy than many of the throws you find in other arts since they tend to add force to it in order to make the other guy hit the ground harder. Also Shuaijiao is the oldest (still in existence) Chinese martial art on the planet. It has been around for a long time because it works really well. But understand a good Shuaijiao school will work the heck out of you, a lot of hard training in Shuaijiao.

If I may ask, what school?

Latest Discussions