thinking of hapkido

terry_gardener

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi

i did taekwondo for about 3 months and did a couple of classes of Aikido.

Even though i enjoyed tkd it seemed to focus on kicking a little to much and not enough self defence so i went to a couple of lessons of aikido and thought it was to focused on self defence.

my point is i am looking for a system/art that is not competative/sport, that is a good workout ie to get fit (mind and body) and that includes kicking/punching, self defence and weapons. would hkd meet these criteria. if you can think off any other art that fits this please let me know.

Thanks

the club that i am thinking of joining is www.dukmoo.com.

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Spot on,Xue. :asian:

Terry..you could do a lot worse. That club you're looking at attending has all the trappings of a good club. Of course,the only way you'll know for sure is to..well..go.:)

Take a class or ten and see how you like it. Feel free to come back and tell us how it went. Happy training!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are doing the correct thing by looking at different arts. However, you should as you are doing now, go to a few classes. Not all hapkido schools are built the same. No art is for that matter, there are differences, so go and enjoy. Tell us how you did and what you thought.

Latest Discussions