Thinking about quitting Muay Thai

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Up to you but your mind will break before your body does. (And by the way the next guy you meet who has this "killer" mindset. See if they still have it after a couple of hard rounds.)

And if you don't wish to wear a cup. After a while your groin will develop a callous. So you should be right.
Nothing like getting a shot on the nose to take the killer sauce right of me.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
As I said previously in this thread, he will explicitly say what gear we need for each drill. Things like:
  • Put on gloves.
  • Gloves and shinpads.
  • One person gloves, no shinpads. Other person hold targets.
  • Gloves, shinpads, mouthguard, we're sparring.
So yes, I go by what he explicitly tells us to put on, because usually if you put on something he didn't tell you, he will tell you to take it off. "I said gloves on, no shinpads."

He told us once several months ago to get more gear than we've ever used in class, including groin cup and headgear. Neither he nor the other coaches have worn them. He doesn't tell new people to get anything more than gloves, shinpad, and mouthpiece. He's never once told us to put them on.

So yes, I hold him responsible for at the very least recommending the appropriate gear for sparring.

I put "as I have said previously in this thread" in bold, because this nobody is coming onto the board and criticizing me without e

As I said previously in this thread, he will explicitly say what gear we need for each drill. Things like:
  • Put on gloves.
  • Gloves and shinpads.
  • One person gloves, no shinpads. Other person hold targets.
  • Gloves, shinpads, mouthguard, we're sparring.
So yes, I go by what he explicitly tells us to put on, because usually if you put on something he didn't tell you, he will tell you to take it off. "I said gloves on, no shinpads."

He told us once several months ago to get more gear than we've ever used in class, including groin cup and headgear. Neither he nor the other coaches have worn them. He doesn't tell new people to get anything more than gloves, shinpad, and mouthpiece. He's never once told us to put them on.

So yes, I hold him responsible for at the very least recommending the appropriate gear for sparring.

I put "as I have said previously in this thread" in bold, because this nobody is coming onto the board and criticizing me without even reading the thread.
Think about it this way. You were given instruction from your new instructor in a new form of martial arts. Then you came on a martial arts forum to get advice from experience people. Unanimously, everyone has given you the same information. What more do you need to prove the point?

Latest Discussions