Thinking about going to Tokyo

TurtlePower

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going to Tokyo to study at the Yoshinkan Hombu Dojo. Has anyone else studied/is anyone else studying there? Do you have any tips? Anyone know how much tuition is for the regular classes is (not the live in or senshusei program,) and do you have any advice on finding a reasonably priced apartment near the dojo or within a twenty minute subway/ bus ride? Thanks everyone.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you check their homepage, it has a lot of useful information. Much of the section for the senshusei program would be applicable; you'd simply be looking at a lessened training commitment.

OP
TurtlePower

TurtlePower

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you check their homepage, it has a lot of useful information. Much of the section for the senshusei program would be applicable; you'd simply be looking at a lessened training commitment.

Thanks!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just understand that reasonably priced and Tokyo really do not go together well. Most people that I personally know that go to Japan and train find employment of some kind usually teaching English in order to survive. It is a great experience to be sure but each individual has given up enormously to be there!

OP
TurtlePower

TurtlePower

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just understand that reasonably priced and Tokyo really do not go together well. Most people that I personally know that go to Japan and train find employment of some kind usually teaching English in order to survive. It is a great experience to be sure but each individual has given up enormously to be there!

Yeah, I noticed that, lol! I'm just trying to find out what my options are. I'll probably go and study somewhere in the States and save up some money that way while working on my degree. Then I'll decide whether or not to go for the TESOL.

Z-Man

White Belt
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]The website for welcome inns for Japan is ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.itcj.or.jp/[/FONT][FONT=&quot]). The welcome inns are nice hotels but they are not as fancy as the major hotels. They are reasonably priced.[/FONT]