Thi is what teachers are dealing with

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting.
If I knew this was possible, Id have cheated at School so that I could try to get money out of them!

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the education system these days is parents who don't give a **** about their kids or the schools they attend. Many parents expect the school system to develop their children into literate, intelligent human beings, when in fact chldren spend 80% of their little lives with Mom and Dad. Really? Who is likely to have more of an influence on their little lives? Bad decisions, failure & heartache are all a part of life, suck it up, learn from it and move on, parents need to let their little angels fall flat on their faces once in a while.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am sometimes critical of teachers and the education system in general. But I also often point out that we don't give the teachers the tools we used to. I have to wonder who is responsible for this situation, and the rules that allow it. The school system, the parent/teachers association, county or state lawmakers?

The first mistake I see here is a second chance: in other words, learn from you mistake and be more clever the next time so you don't get caught. Really? Second, if there is a second chance policy, they must state plainly in that policy that it doesn't count for honors classes, and in the agreement for honors classes, that the honors classes are an exception to the 2nd chance policy. Other wise, they create the sort of loop-hole the father is exploiting.

Thirdly, the parent isn't showing a lot of support for an anti-cheating stance. Nor apparently the school. Real life seldom has a rewind button. Why should there be a second chance? Is there any sanction for a first offense? I bet not.

I have said three things wrong, but that doesn't mean any one is more important than the other. Anyway, the whole thing is a sad state of affairs for all involved.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Powers That Be in the USA like the education system just as it is, thank you very much. They're liking it more and more with each passing year.

Latest Discussions