The WTF Book of Learning and Teaching Taekwondo

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have found the WTF's latest official text "The Book of Learning and Teaching Taekwondo http://www.amazon.com/Book-Teaching-Learning-Taekwondo-Publication/dp/8960690511 to be a much, much better publication than that thing we got in Chicago. You might get it from Mykick.com(Vision) for club price.
This was in another thread, but I thought I'd start a separate one so as not to hi-jack.

What is the difference between this book and the Kukkiwon text book? Or is there a difference? Do they contain the same material? Is it endorsed by the Kukkiwon?

When I see this sort of thing, it lends credence to the things that I have seen posted both here and on other sites to the effect that the WTF will split off from the Kukkiwon and start issuing their own certificates and establishing curriculum on their own. Now, I could be way off base on that.

I am primarily curious about the book rather than the subject of a KKW and WTF split, though since I brought it up, thoughts are welcome.

Daniel

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just order it and will let you know, never heard of this book.

KarateMomUSA

Black Belt
Reaction score
This was in another thread, but I thought I'd start a separate one so as not to hi-jack.

What is the difference between this book and the Kukkiwon text book? Or is there a difference? Do they contain the same material? Is it endorsed by the Kukkiwon?

When I see this sort of thing, it lends credence to the things that I have seen posted both here and on other sites to the effect that the WTF will split off from the Kukkiwon and start issuing their own certificates and establishing curriculum on their own. Now, I could be way off base on that.

I am primarily curious about the book rather than the subject of a KKW and WTF split, though since I brought it up, thoughts are welcome.

Daniel
Great questions, which I would also like to learn more about. Hopefully those that are familiar with Kukki TKD & have both books can give the readers some insight.
I also wonder about the WTF vs KKW split stuff as well. I am not informed enough, but it does seem that this was the way it was going, until new people took over the KKW leadership. Now I think it may depend to an extent on how the 2 leaderships get along. I am coming up with the sense that there is somewhat of an old guard vs new guard type of schisim going on. Do others get that sense?

Is this book available elesewhere?

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

I don't think or have reason to believe this book was written with an agenda of showing percieved differences between KKW and WTF. It's just a very good texbook -- like a number of others out there -- covering the subject of Kukki Taekwondo. In 12 chapters it covers everything in the KKW instructors manual, and more (including Olympic aspects). It's writen much more easier to understand and more gramatically collect English than the KKW manual. It's also better edited and layed out. Contributors to the text include GM Ken Min, the late GM Cha Sok Park, GM Russell Ahn, GM Won Jae Moon and GM Kyong Myong Lee.

Latest Discussions